Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 12:27 AM

13 posts, read 38,183 times

Advertisements

I am a 25 year old single professional woman and I want to relocate. I have visited Atlanta once and I want to know if this would be a good move for me. I reside in Houston (originally from Chicago) but Houston does not offer the city life that I assumed. Is Atl and surrounding cities a great place for singles (not into clubs)? I know professionally it would be a good move....but I need some info on the city.
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:46 PM

21 posts, read 58,477 times
wow atl is not helpful

Old 03-23-2009, 09:30 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,494,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink52 View Post
wow atl is not helpful
The OP needed to be more specific.

<' but Houston does not offer the city life that I assumed. Is Atl and surrounding cities a great place for singles (not into clubs)?>

Old 03-24-2009, 12:13 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,094,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by consumeda View Post
I am a 25 year old single professional woman and I want to relocate. I have visited Atlanta once and I want to know if this would be a good move for me. I reside in Houston (originally from Chicago) but Houston does not offer the city life that I assumed. Is Atl and surrounding cities a great place for singles (not into clubs)? I know professionally it would be a good move....but I need some info on the city.
What is "good" for you?

Are you looking to buy? Rent? Long term? Short term?

Do you prefer Urban? Suburban? Dense? Large lots? Gated? HOA?

What types of activities do you consider "singles" activities that don't involve clubs?

I personally wouldn't move unless you have an actual position lined up, but it's very hard to make helpful suggestions without more information from you about your preferences and plans. Just my two cents.

Old 03-24-2009, 07:57 PM

3 posts, read 5,280 times
consumeda. ALT is a great place to live. The cost of living there is very cheap and housing. I used to live there and moved to LA - California and have been here for 6months and have been unable to find a job. Which is the worst decison I made in my life. Its really hard out here believe me. I met few people from the south here also facing the same problem finding a job as a C.N.A. (Cerified Nurse Assitant) Payment for a C.N.A is from 8 to 9.50 and Its even hard to see a 10.00 job as a C.N.A. I am also thinking about moving back to Atlanta to start LPN OR RN program while working as a C.N.A. What I love about atlanta is that the cost of living and housing which is very cheap. Out here in L A the minimum rent for a 2 bedroom apt is 1200, small rooms and 8 to 10 dollars as a C.N.A. Tell me how can you survive? Just think well and make ur decision base on ur goals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta