Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 11:40 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,549,180 times

Advertisements

i dont know if they are still around...but those boys were bad
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 11:41 AM

1,858 posts, read 3,549,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanatlanta View Post
Lungsucker?? I find it hard to believe your story and hopefully the people of Atlanta know how dedicated this understaffed unit is.. I feel sorry for people as bitter as you that feel the need to make up such stories
i dont believe it either

Old 07-31-2009, 11:58 AM

815 posts, read 2,135,997 times
The Red Dogs still exist, they may or may not call them that anymore but they still have teams of 4 cops that ride around in a police car without the light bar on top and just basically jump out anywhere or on anyone who they think is doing something illegal. Having lived in SW ATL for a a good bit of my years growing up I can tell you that the Red Dogs or "jump out boys" have an unsavory reputation in the 'hood. I have heard many stories thru the years about the Red Dogs planting drugs on people, beating people up and there was an infamous Red Dog by the name of "SuperMan" who was widely known in SW and NW Atlanta for robbing drug dealers and selling their drugs back to them, he actually was killed about 3-4 years ago in Adair Park and I remember the news made it seem like he was doing a stake out on a suspect and someone snuck up on him and shot him while he was sitting in his car. But the streets told another story in that he picked up a hooker from nearby Metropolitan Pkwy and was killed by a drug dealer whom he had robbed before while he was on the side of the road "talking" to the hooker. The Red Dog Unit and the Narcotics Unit in the APD are very corrupt and one of my AAU Basketball coaches back in the day was a APD officer and he worked with the Red Dog and he used to always brag to us players on the team about kicking in drug dealers doors and stealing their TV's if if they didnt pay him his weekly "stipend", or how he got a kick out of slamming someone on the ground. You all may feel different, but having seen years and years of the BS that APD does and gets away with, I stick a giant middle finger up in the air to them Part of the reason crime is what it is is because no self-respecting thug in Zone 1, 3, 5, or 6 respects APD because they are just as dirty as the people they are trying to put in jail.

Last edited by youngMichaelJackson; 07-31-2009 at 12:07 PM..

Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
The Red Dogs still exist, they may or may not call them that anymore but they still have teams of 4 cops that ride around in a police car without the light bar on top and just basically jump out anywhere or on anyone who they think is doing something illegal. Having lived in SW ATL for a a good bit of my years growing up I can tell you that the Red Dogs or "jump out boys" have an unsavory reputation in the 'hood. I have heard many stories thru the years about the Red Dogs planting drugs on people, beating people up and there was an infamous Red Dog by the name of "SuperMan" who was widely known in SW and NW Atlanta for robbing drug dealers and selling their drugs back to them, he actually was killed about 3-4 years ago in Adair Park and I remember the news made it seem like he was doing a stake out on a suspect and someone snuck up on him and shot him while he was sitting in his car. But the streets told another story in that he picked up a hooker from nearby Metropolitan Pkwy and was killed by a drug dealer whom he had robbed before while he was on the side of the road "talking" to the hooker. The Red Dog Unit and the Narcotics Unit in the APD are very corrupt and one of my AAU Basketball coaches back in the day was a APD officer and he worked with the Red Dog and he used to always brag to us players on the team about kicking in drug dealers doors and stealing their TV's if if they didnt pay him his weekly "stipend", or how he got a kick out of slamming someone on the ground. You all may feel different, but having seen years and years of the BS that APD does and gets away with, I stick a giant middle finger up in the air to them Part of the reason crime is what it is is because no self-respecting thug in Zone 1, 3, 5, or 6 respects APD because they are just as dirty as the people they are trying to put in jail.
Well it does take a thug to catch a thug, and seeing as how many of the supposed "victims" of the Red Dog Units are just as nasty, vicious, and predatory themselves to their fellow Atlantans, I am more than willing overlook a few discretions by the Red Dog Unit.

The real question we should be grasping is why do so many of our brothers subscribe to a failed criminalistic poverty culture that enables them to rob & kill even the women & children without batting an eye?

When you and others like you can answer that question for me, then I would happy to deliver that middle finger to the cops along with you.

Old 08-01-2009, 07:34 AM

815 posts, read 2,135,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ironmanatlanta View Post
Lungsucker?? I find it hard to believe your story and hopefully the people of Atlanta know how dedicated this understaffed unit is.. I feel sorry for people as bitter as you that feel the need to make up such stories
No actually his sounds story sounds very true. Anyone who has come in contact with the Red Dogs will tell you that they are known around the city for messing with people. Usually for good reason, but sometimes not so much. Those of you who live in the city, but reside in Buckhead, VaHigh, or Midtown, or those of you who may be up there in years and dont go out much probably have not come into contact with them. But anyone under the age of 35 who has spent time in SW, NW, or SE Atlanta will have a few stories like the one he had.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
Well it does take a thug to catch a thug, and seeing as how many of the supposed "victims" of the Red Dog Units are just as nasty, vicious, and predatory themselves to their fellow Atlantans, I am more than willing overlook a few discretions by the Red Dog Unit.

The real question we should be grasping is why do so many of our brothers subscribe to a failed criminalistic poverty culture that enables them to rob & kill even the women & children without batting an eye?

When you and others like you can answer that question for me, then I would happy to deliver that middle finger to the cops along with you.

LOL to your bolded comment. My man I am such a nerd it's not funny, the most illegal thing I have done is smoke a few joints in my day. My view of Red Dogs comes from years of seeing them harrass and mess with people, plant drugs on people, and beating people up. There are dirty cops across the board regardless of the unit they work in, but Red Dogs are notorious for beating people up, planting drugs on people, and some even are known for robbing drug dealers. If you want to clean up the city there is a better way, but having a vigilante band of cops roaming the city with little oversight is just going to cause more crime. C'mon you really should lower your standards of the APD, the Neal St shooting should have shed some light on the corrupt, inept group of people we call the APD. Atlanta police are a joke, the only ones the thugs are scared of are the dirty ones

Old 08-01-2009, 03:28 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,752,651 times
Red Dog still exist but it is just a name some cop cars have. They really are not special cops like SWAT might be. They are just regular cops that patrol crappy neighbourhoods in the city. They have the same thing in Cobb County called "Viper".

Old 08-01-2009, 04:31 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,141 times
Quote:
LOL to your bolded comment. My man I am such a nerd it's not funny, the most illegal thing I have done is smoke a few joints in my day. My view of Red Dogs comes from years of seeing them harrass and mess with people, plant drugs on people, and beating people up. There are dirty cops across the board regardless of the unit they work in, but Red Dogs are notorious for beating people up, planting drugs on people, and some even are known for robbing drug dealers.
The Red Dogs are known for extreme tactics that oftentimes can be unreasonable, I'll give you that one. But I will bet that more than likely many of these supposed "victims" are just as predatory and violent themselves, and even if they were not guilty of the immediate infraction that resulted in the punishment delivered to them by the cops then likely there were other infractions that they committed that went unseen. In that case universal karma usually prevails.

I am pretty sure that normal law-abiding people wouldn't just take a beating and go along their way, at least not so many as your story seem to suggest. I know I wouldn't just lie down and go along my way if cop threw me a beating... I got my speed dial on the Cochran Law Firm!

Quote:
If you want to clean up the city there is a better way, but having a vigilante band of cops roaming the city with little oversight is just going to cause more crime. C'mon you really should lower your standards of the APD, the Neal St shooting should have shed some light on the corrupt, inept group of people we call the APD. Atlanta police are a joke, the only ones the thugs are scared of are the dirty ones
That part right destroys the credibility of your statement that Red Dog Units are crooked and not to be trusted. What I am interpreted from that last part that I bolded is that if a typical Atlanta cop was a nice guy who was respectable to all people, the thugs would harrass him.

So really it seems to be darn if the cops do and darn if the cops don't. Be a crooked cop and the thugs disrespect them. Be a nice & respectable cop and the thugs STILL disrespect them.

There doesn't seem to be any wiggle room in your world, in my humble opinion. Until these thugs en-mass find a better culture to adhere to, then there is no point but settle with the lesser of two evils and utilize aggressive cops that at the very least HAVE to answer to some type of organized Heirarchy. The only heirarchy for a thug is whoever happens to be bigger and has the most power... no true sense of civilized behavior at all.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,080 times
Quote:
No actually his sounds story sounds very true. Anyone who has come in contact with the Red Dogs will tell you that they are known around the city for messing with people. Usually for good reason, but sometimes not so much. Those of you who live in the city, but reside in Buckhead, VaHigh, or Midtown, or those of you who may be up there in years and dont go out much probably have not come into contact with them. But anyone under the age of 35 who has spent time in SW, NW, or SE Atlanta will have a few stories like the one he had.

LOL to your bolded comment. My man I am such a nerd it's not funny, the most illegal thing I have done is smoke a few joints in my day. My view of Red Dogs comes from years of seeing them harrass and mess with people, plant drugs on people, and beating people up. There are dirty cops across the board regardless of the unit they work in, but Red Dogs are notorious for beating people up, planting drugs on people, and some even are known for robbing drug dealers. If you want to clean up the city there is a better way, but having a vigilante band of cops roaming the city with little oversight is just going to cause more crime. C'mon you really should lower your standards of the APD, the Neal St shooting should have shed some light on the corrupt, inept group of people we call the APD. Atlanta police are a joke, the only ones the thugs are scared of are the dirty ones
I just read this comment and i can definetly see the struggle people have dealing with the idea of 'vigilante cops' dishing out there own brand of justice to the 'baddies'.

As much as these situations attract emotional reactions and indignant- take the trash out by any means necessary- feelings or the opposite, which would be that "it's just down right wrong which ever way you look at it". Frankly i support the latter, it's down right wrong, but thats just my opinion.

Although isn't it missing the point, which is that the only model of success that poor young kids in these 'rough' neighbourhoods see on their streets are 'drug dealers', spotting bling and flashy cars (which is one of the most inaccurate pictures of success one could paint). If it was me in that situation you dont get points for guessing what i'd do, hell yeah! i'd sell as much of that dope as i needed...and their would be no shortage of incentive to do so, with all that poverty, illiteracy, homelessness and desperation lurking around every corner to remind me of how little hope i have if i dont keep 'slangin that dope'.

And guess who i'll run into...a well meaning youth worker, nope!, a dedicated teacher from an 'out of school' program, nope your wrong again. I'll meet a low paid, socially mal-adjusted, mentally unstable and morally bankrupt 'GUARDIAN OF THE LAW'...non other than some version of the RED DOG UNIT, and bingo! you have got it right if that was your guess.

Frankly speaking if anyone is willing to buy this 'snake oil sales man' ideal that letting these cowboys loose to rescue us from the baddies is even worth dreaming of, needs their head checked, that type of thinking leads down a slippery slope to.... HELL! It would be easier to believe that the world is flat, and if you walked far enough you would fall of the face of the planet. Letting these cops take a dump on the law they have sworn to uphold, is hypocrisy and then we support them because 'they are taking the trash out' is misguided and dangerous.

If anything this crack group of vigilantes, mostly target felons and drug dealers of the smaller variety, 'the small timer' if we can call them that. Cos the big time crooks dont have a .38 revolver under their bed and a small stash of 'weed' or 'coke' in the basement. Nope, they hire ware houses, stock enough fire power to make Arnold Schwarzenegger in 'THE TERMINATOR' blush and own high powered speed boats and cars...and i'm sure you wouldn't call the red dog unit to handle them.

I finish with a quote from Benjamin Franklin, Sixth President of the United States of America.

"He who would trade liberty for some temporary security, deserves neither liberty nor security."

Last edited by Alakazzam_alakazoom; 08-27-2009 at 09:59 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 04:45 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alakazzam_alakazoom View Post
I finish with a quote from Benjamin Franklin, Sixth President of the United States of America.
Huh? Ben Franklin was a great American patriot and a signer of the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution, but he was never President.

John Quincy Adams was the 6th President of the US from March 4, 1825 – March 4, 1829.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:39 PM

28 posts, read 67,347 times
Almost 2 years later.........

Red Dog disbanded *| ajc.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta