Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2009, 01:54 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,030,489 times

Advertisements

can yall give me some idea of some good areas to start at, the ATL metro is so big that I dont know where to even begin and I dont know which area is decent and which aint. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 03:46 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,814,775 times
If you're looking to be near the airport, Virginia Avenue off of I-85 is one exit away from the airport and offers a wide range of hotels. A Hilton Hotel & Towers, a Crown Plaza, a nice Holiday Inn, a multi-story - and very nice - Red Roof Inn, a fairly new Hampton Inn & Suites, a Fairfileld Inn, a Ramada Hotel, a Comfort Inn, a Marriott Courtyard and a Marriott Residence Inn, and a few others that I'm forgetting. There are several good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel area, and many more a short drive away. Virginia Avenue is a 10 minute drive to Downtown/Midtown Atlanta.

There are a zillion hotels of all types in Downtown, Midtown, and Buckhead, all of which offer restaurants and entertainment galore.

Old 04-20-2009, 01:46 PM

173 posts, read 471,331 times
1) The Twelve Downtown is nice; it's also directly across the street from a Marta Station.

2) The W Downtown is also located in a growing part of Downtown called Ivan Allen Plaza.

3) The Omni downtown is in a great location. It's connected to CNN Center and is walking distance to Centenial Park, World of Coke, the Aquarium and MARA.

4)The Ellis and the Ritz downton are fine, though they are further from the action.

5) That said, if you're open to Midtown, Hotel Indigo and W Midtown might be good bets.

6) If you want to be near upscale shopping, Buckhead's the best bet. The Ritz and JW Marriot are walking distance to MARTA.

7) If you're driving, and if you want an authentic Atlanta experience, try the Virginia-Highlands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: