Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 12,272 times

Advertisements

Hi Atlanta experts
I'm going to be traveling to Lakewood Amphitheater/Hifi Buys Amphitheater
for a concert, and i DON'T want to hit the major traffic i've heard nightmare stories about when getting close to/leaving from the venue.
I'd love to know about a better alternative way to get there that doesn't involve waiting in a massive traffic snarl.
I'm open to traveling on MARTA to and from, but what i'd really like to know about is good insider driving directions.
I read a Yelper review saying that some of you locals have a route from Moreland (?) but i couldn't make the connection on google maps.
Can any of you offer some good tips?
Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 09:29 PM

6,048 posts, read 18,416,504 times
Drove there for the Buffett concert in April...had no problem, but we got there really early. It was $20.00 to park. We drove from I-20 heading east to I-75 South and followed the signs.
If you want to do Marta, I believe there were shuttle buses to take you from the venue to the train station.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:11 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times
MARTA is a much better choice than driving...when there is a show at the amphitheater traffic is at a standstill at the Langford Parkway exit off of I-85; at Metropolitan Parkway off of Langford; and at the end of Langford Parkway where it turns into Lakewood Avenue. MARTA is much easier and much cheaper.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:47 AM

325 posts, read 979,372 times
Honestly, for event purposes, I would have to agree with just taking Marta. It saves you the aggravation, time, and money.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:49 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
I take 75 south to University Ave, go under the highway and take a right on Pryor. Takes me right to the front entrance of Lakewood and I've never had a traffic problem. If anything, it's kind of eerie how little traffic there is.

I haven't payed to park at Lakewood in years. It's usually included in the ticket price. Maybe the Jimmy Buffett parking was $20 because "parrotheads" always party in the parking lot before the show.

Old 05-08-2009, 05:55 PM

5,633 posts, read 5,356,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I take 75 south to University Ave, go under the highway and take a right on Pryor. Takes me right to the front entrance of Lakewood and I've never had a traffic problem. If anything, it's kind of eerie how little traffic there is.

I haven't payed to park at Lakewood in years. It's usually included in the ticket price. Maybe the Jimmy Buffett parking was $20 because "parrotheads" always party in the parking lot before the show.
You've never paid to park at Lakewood?!? I've never been there and not had to pay (and never been to Buffet there either). Are you sure you're not talking about Verizon Wireless in Alpharetta? Parking is always included there.

Anyway, every time I've gone to Lakewood, I've come down Metropolitan Pkwy, and turned towards Lakewood on Fair Dr. While there is always some traffic, it's never been THAT bad. We've usually parked at one of the lots off Fair, or there's a little lot south on Pryor that's usually like $10.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:18 PM

66 posts, read 432,342 times
Take Boulevard South all the way until it dead ends at McDonough Blvd (in front of the prison)

Take a right on McDonough Blvd.

Take a left on Sawtell Avenue

Cross over Jonesboro Road and Sawtell turns into Claire Drive

Take a Left on Lakewood Avenue.

The amphitheater will be about a 1/2 mile on the right.

Make sure to keep your doors locked the entire time

Old 05-08-2009, 09:12 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtlantaRes73 View Post
Take Boulevard South all the way until it dead ends at McDonough Blvd (in front of the prison)

Take a right on McDonough Blvd.

Take a left on Sawtell Avenue

Cross over Jonesboro Road and Sawtell turns into Claire Drive

Take a Left on Lakewood Avenue.

The amphitheater will be about a 1/2 mile on the right.

Make sure to keep your doors locked the entire time
...cuz you're in the big city now.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:51 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas1 View Post
You've never paid to park at Lakewood?!? ... Are you sure you're not talking about Verizon Wireless in Alpharetta? Parking is always included there.

I didn't say never, I said not in years. I have payed to park at Lakewood in the past. I guess I've been lucky not to have to pay the last several times I've been. And yes, I'm 100% certain I'm talking about Lakewood...aka HiFi Buys Amphitheater. I've never been to Verizon Amphitheater in Alpharetta.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 AM

129 posts, read 389,795 times
Default Read this Saturday

A new kid is in town. I wonder what this will mean ?

Live Nation to operate Lakewood Ampitheatre | ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2009/05/08/live_nation_lakewood.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta