Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 01:13 PM

328 posts, read 573,329 times

Advertisements

All the posts about Atlanta are so negative (and sometimes true). So I figured it would be nice to see something POSITIVE posted online. Rather than reiterate and exaggerate all the negative, pessimistic, and down right mean statements about Atlanta, let's try to find something about this city that made you say "Hey, I'm happy to be here right now."

And if you can't find ANYTHING nice to say, then maybe its time for a location change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 01:44 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Woke up! Had a haircut, then took a nice relaxing drive. I was one of the only cars on the road. Yes, in Atlanta one of the only cars on the road.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:57 PM

8,486 posts, read 14,999,411 times
So far...went for a run this morning before it got too hot. Not a cloud in the sky! Had a roast beef sandwich and New Yorker deli on Pharr road.

Later...might go have martinis on some patio after dark. Might catch a slam show. Not sure yet.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:37 PM

23,463 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Went to the High Museum this AM with DH and dear friends. Had a cocktail and lunch at Table 1280 (marvelous), then went on to see the Monet Water Lilies exhibit...the High is such a great asset to this city.
The intersection of Peachtree and 15th Sts. is IMO one of the loveliest in the city.

Old 06-20-2009, 02:45 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,954,920 times
Today? Well, I made it in and out of Costco in 1.5 hours!
If I can expand it to this week, I saw Jersey Boys at the Fox Wednesday night. Great time had by all.
Took my dogs swimming in the nearby creek the other day, fun for me and them.

Old 06-20-2009, 03:59 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,403,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Went to the High Museum this AM with DH and dear friends. Had a cocktail and lunch at Table 1280 (marvelous), then went on to see the Monet Water Lilies exhibit...the High is such a great asset to this city.
The intersection of Peachtree and 15th Sts. is IMO one of the loveliest in the city.
I like Table 1280. Being a High member I usually find myself there a lot when I have business or family members in town. It's a nice casual place.

Old 06-20-2009, 05:09 PM

328 posts, read 573,329 times
I worked out and took a swim before the sun got too high. Then I went to library like a nerd and now I'm watching movies in my air conditioned living room. And I don't plan on doing anything else of substance ALL DAY!! :O)

Old 06-20-2009, 06:59 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,620,283 times
Discovered the Buford Highway Farmer's Market. It's not really a farmer's market, more like an international grocery store, but it was hella cool. Scored some unbelievably gorgeous heirloom tomatoes. Sliced them up with a drizzle of olive oil and some buffalo mozzarella. Delish! Also bought some of the most gorgeous basil I've seen in a long time. I bought four huge bunches for $4. Made enough pesto to last a month. It was so lovely and fresh I had to get it into the Cuisinart immediately. The peaches were gorgeous. Not as ripe as I'd like yet, but later this week I'll make my first peach cobbler of the season. I made a berry compote with strawberries, blueberries and blackberries. The prices were unbelievable. I left with four huge bags full of produce for less than $50. (I bring my own canvas bags and they hold a lot!)

Old 06-20-2009, 08:17 PM

625 posts, read 1,149,264 times
i say a lot of mean things.. and I must say, I had a good time in L5P today, the weather was great and there was live music on the square and there is no place in the US that can match that vibe.

There's something about 95 degree weather that makes you forget about everything.... I'm starting to lovve the heat here and respect it in a way.

Don't fight the heat... accept it.. I put my conv. top down, I could have blasted the AC, but I accept the heat and I respect it...if you know what I mean???

Also I went to a pool party with a bunch of non-judgemental people (mainly gay)... you can be anything here, and nobody cares, just be yourself and be REAL.

Old 06-20-2009, 09:37 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
I am both blessed and happy that the good lord has allowed me one more day on this planet with all of my limbs and organs in full working order. I went down to Tropical Flavor Restaurant(One of my favorite Atlanta Carribbean-style eateries) on Moreland for some tasty mouth-waterin' jerk chicken w/ rice & peas. Topped it off with some fried plaintains and curry chicken patties. YUM!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta