Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2009, 12:31 PM

34 posts, read 116,388 times

Advertisements

My husband and I may be moving to Georgia with the next 6 months. While we look for a house to buy, we'd like to rent an apartment or townhouse. We'd like to live within 20 miles of Lawrenceville, where my husband may end up working. Does anyone know of a nice and SAFE apartment or townhouse complex in that area? (Emphasis on safe as I will probably be a stay-at-home wife.) We're hoping to not spend more than $950 or so a month. I've looked at apartmentratings.com and became so disheartened and scared I had to log off!

We're very traditional, conservative, Christian people who enjoy a slower-paced, humble lifestyle. Any thoughts and suggestions would be very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 01:12 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,979,400 times
I would look into the Sugarloaf and Mall of Ga areas. I'm pretty sure you could find something in your price range, and the areas are both very safe. Just check apartmentratings.com, and make sure they do not accept Section 8. Welcome to Gwinnettia!

Old 10-03-2009, 03:54 PM

117 posts, read 254,480 times
sugarloaf, mall of georgia are good you can try greyson also maybe Buford.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:08 AM

21 posts, read 53,856 times
i am a current apt renter in lawrenceville i know very well sugarloaf and the surrounding areas,apts right across gwinnett tech not good next to them there is a section 8 welfare apt so you can imagine,if you go pass the 85 bridge across cisco there are new apts built around 3 or 2yrs ago might go for that but rent will be around $1k for 2beds,if you are talking about 20 miles away you might as well check the cumming,johns creek,alpharetta area in forsyth county apts are way cheaper than lawrenceville and safer with less hood neighborhoods,you should also check around the brave stadium in buford i know a new complex there very nice around 1k for 2 beds,so yeah if you want safe and nice in lawrenceville you will end up paying 1k for a 2 bed if you are looking for cheap there are many 2beds for less than $700 but you will have issues with safety having in mind those apts are most likely to be hood neighborhoods with drug activity. Good luck on the apt hunting it is tough im buying a house in nov around cumming
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta