Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2009, 02:08 AM

24 posts, read 53,142 times

Advertisements

Ok...I have narrowed my search, I think down to these three areas. Will be moving this summer. Which do you all suggest as far as schools (don't have to be excellent schools, although that would be nice, but descent with good test scores), Diversity (we are an african american family), Recreation, (have two teenage boys-13 & 15). Shopping, restaurants, coffee shops/poetry houses would be nice, nice homes around $200, hospital somewhere close by (RN). Also a place where I can meet good people. Please be specific.

Last edited by jennb_devon; 11-16-2009 at 02:10 AM.. Reason: grammer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 07:10 PM

59 posts, read 274,884 times
Did you check out Hamilton Mill?

Good homes, good nhood, nice surroundings, good schools.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:12 AM

5 posts, read 11,514 times
Okay, good choice of a nice place to move! All of these places are great, but i recommend either Dacula or Buford. I know from personal exposure that Mill Creek High School (Glenn C Jones middle school and Frank Osborne middle school) is a great school. It is very nice, clean, and full of things to do! You sons will surely fit in somewhere at Mill Creek, and if they like sports, they will have great teams to join and a list of sports to choose from such as: Lacrosse, Wrestling, Swimming, Football, and many many more). If they are not into sports so much, there are even a bigger list of clubs and activities to join, and through these sport, clubs, or activities, you will find other friendly parents to befriend. Ask me some questions; i have answers!

Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 AM

5 posts, read 11,514 times
I basically live in Hamilton Mill, and it is in the Mill Creek High School district. That would be a really good place to move. Hamilton Mill is almost like a tv show; it is so nice!

Old 11-18-2009, 11:25 AM

45 posts, read 143,611 times
Hamilton Mill or Dacula would get my vote. My older kids went to Dacula high. My youngest will go to Mill Creek. Gwinnett medical center is about 15-20 minutes away. Houses in Dacula are typically a little less pricey with close to the same amenities.

Old 11-18-2009, 11:34 AM

97 posts, read 356,030 times
Poetry House?..... What is that?..... Is that a form of Architecture or a place to read some poetry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta