Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 05:46 AM

44 posts, read 50,051 times

Advertisements

Macys Lenox is like 433,000 sqft
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2010, 12:19 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
TC since it was the only one with three floors.
Macy's at Northlake had three floors for a long time, but now the top floor is closed to customers. It used to house their TV/Stereo department, and, if I remember correctly, stuff for babies.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:12 AM

1,207 posts, read 2,813,430 times
The NYC Macy's is monstrous, horribly confusing and has a lot of "junk." Much prefer the NYC Bloomingdales.

I had a brief stop at the Macy's in Alpharetta (is it North Pointe Mall?) and although it may not be the biggest in the area, it had a lot more variety in the women's clothing department (more upscale departments) not usually found in your typical Macy's.

I think that Targets and Wal-Marts, as well as Nordstroms are pretty much laid out the same and have same merchandise all over the country, but Macy's differs more from store to store and region to region.

Old 03-18-2010, 09:19 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
I dunno, seems like the one at Lenox has more bra's in it...could be wrong...wow, and who woudn't want to drive more to see pretty much the finest stuff Malaysia has to sew and offer? Whoa!!!!! where would we all be without knowing, precisely, where the LARGEST Macy's is......

Imagine what would happen if she had asked for the largest Super Target or worse, Super Wal-Mart!!! The chaos that would ensue.....

Yo, go to the nearest. I am quite sure they have the same assortment of goods from around the greater sweat shops in Asia. I am equally sure that they will have the same dis-interested clerks manning tepid, cash resister stations with equally slow performance and equally absence of alacrity in getting you out of the line and on your way.....

For my money, I would tend to go to the ones on the outside of town. Less chance of them being bum rushed for cheesy jeans late the night before. Just my opinion.

I never thought one would want to spend anymore time in one of these than they absolutely have to. Just like Sears (ever notice when you go into Sears you go to EXACTLY where you need to go to get EXACTLY what you need to get and then get the shiite out of there EXACTLY as fast as you can....why is that?).

Also, when you get there, do us all a favor, throw some attitude on the perfume counter chicks. Not sure what's in the potions but, it tends to help them get their noses out of joint....one week they are slingin' hash and eggs at the waffle/awful house, the next, they are "cosmeticians" complete with all 3 days of Jean Nate training....laughable.....God how I hate those broads....

Federated Stores Represent!
Classic!

Old 03-18-2010, 09:32 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,569,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericsonga View Post
As a once avid Macy's lover, Lenox is definitely the biggest and the best. The one's at Town Center still do not add up to the size of the Lenox Macy's.

I must however, point out the terrible downfall that Macy's has experienced over the last few years. It has truly come to the point where I rarely shop there other than housewares because of the inability, ineptness, and general lackluster disposition of the staff. Customer service has gone by the wayside here, only to be supplanted with bargain bins and cost-cutting measures. Just this week it was announced that Macy's will no longer offer complimentary gift wrapping. I yearn for the Rich's of old. I have since moved my shopping and discretionary income to Dillard's and Nordstrom's. The staff is knowledgeable, friendly, and courteous. I refuse to spend my hard-earned money at someplace that doesn't care about me.
Care about you? lol you are just one person.

5.3 million minus 1 equals 5.3 million. Period

Old 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,975,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
Care about you? lol you are just one person.

5.3 million minus 1 equals 5.3 million. Period
True. However my partner and I are two college graduates. Each of us are doing decently well in our careers. Our minus 2 (I'm including him) comes with a bit more weight than some others. We are blessed with the ability to buy nice things for us and our home regularly. Also, we are not the only ones in our demographic that feel this way.

Yes, when I go into a store I want to feel cared about. I don't care how false it may be. Because in the end, they may not care about me, but they do care about my money.

Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 PM

1,228 posts, read 2,389,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antiquesmountainapache View Post
Ooo . . . I sure miss Rich's. Thanks for posting about the gift wrapping. I wonder if Belk's still offers it?
I was at Belks at Phipps Plaza yesterday-they still had gift wrap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta