Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:46 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,271,722 times

Advertisements

Am I the only one that is disgusted by all the coverage claiming that John Lewis was called a racial epithet while leaving the Capital with NO proof of this happening? Cameras were everywhere yet NONE of them showed anything! Law Enforcement was everywhere yet NONE of them heard anything! As a lifelong resident of metro Atlanta I have seen black Democrats hurl charges of racism time after time with no regard to who they are slandering. Are there any of Lewis' constituents who find this reprehensible?

The most unsettling thing about this is the absolute corruption of our national media. New sources from one end of this country to the next reported this story as fact without having any proof. Where are the journalist? Where is their integrity? Are they all so completely in the tank for the Liberals/Democrats that they are uncapable of being objective?

If a Republican/Conservative made such a charge I can guarantee you that it would be gone over with a fine tooth comb! Endless coverage would be given to discrediting it! The double standard of this should disturb any objective person regardless of their political affiliation.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:02 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,572,374 times
This needs to be moved to the politics section.

Old 03-30-2010, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
This needs to be moved to the politics section.
I posted this here because John Lewis' district is Atlanta. Many of his constituents come on the Atlanta forum and I am interested to know how they feel about his claims of being called a "N".

Old 03-30-2010, 09:12 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,107,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Am I the only one that is disgusted by all the coverage claiming that John Lewis was called a racial epithet while leaving the Capital with NO proof of this happening? Cameras were everywhere yet NONE of them showed anything! Law Enforcement was everywhere yet NONE of them heard anything! As a lifelong resident of metro Atlanta I have seen black Democrats hurl charges of racism time after time with no regard to who they are slandering. Are there any of Lewis' constituents who find this reprehensible?

The most unsettling thing about this is the absolute corruption of our national media. New sources from one end of this country to the next reported this story as fact without having any proof. Where are the journalist? Where is their integrity? Are they all so completely in the tank for the Liberals/Democrats that they are uncapable of being objective?

If a Republican/Conservative made such a charge I can guarantee you that it would be gone over with a fine tooth comb! Endless coverage would be given to discrediting it! The double standard of this should disturb any objective person regardless of their political affiliation.
What kill me when Conservatives Complains about the media not covering the view point in which they're covering! it’s a contradiction.

Then it’s well document that racist signs and slurs have been shouted out at these tea party rallies that doesn’t mean most people there are racist but obviously there a few. CNN aired a video Sunday showing Hannity in denial about the racist naming calling, then CNN showed a video of the racist name calling LMAO it’s crazy how bias fox is.

And another thing you can't criticize some one who believe in mass racism, while believing in mass racism “The racial double standard is alive and well!” ) Then John Lewis dosen't believe in mass racism he said there were racist name calling, he didn't say every one at the Tea Party rallies were racist. but hower you believe in mass racism, you seem to believe black Democrats are evil Idiots who can’t tell difference between racist and non racist.

How about this! If a Democrat/Progressive made such a charge I can guarantee you that it would be gone over with a fine tooth comb! Endless coverage would be given to discrediting it! And you know the conservative media, talk radio and etc are trying, hack your trying to do it now.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
What kill me when Conservatives Complains about the media not covering the view point in which they're covering! it’s a contradiction.

Then it’s well document that racist signs and slurs have been shouted out at these tea party rallies that doesn’t mean most people there are racist but obviously there a few. CNN aired a video Sunday showing Hannity in denial about the racist naming calling, then CNN showed a video of the racist name calling LMAO it’s crazy how bias fox is.

And another thing you can't criticize some one who believe in mass racism, while believing in mass racism “The racial double standard is alive and well!” ) Then John Lewis dosen't believe in mass racism he said there were racist name calling, he didn't say every one at the Tea Party rallies were racist. but hower you believe in mass racism, you seem to believe black Democrats are evil Idiots who can’t tell difference between racist and non racist.

How about this! If a Democrat/Progressive made such a charge I can guarantee you that it would be gone over with a fine tooth comb! Endless coverage would be given to discrediting it! And you know the conservative media, talk radio and etc are trying, hack your trying to do it now.

CNN aired a video Sunday showing Hannity in denial about the racist naming calling, then CNN showed a video of the racist name calling LMAO it’s crazy how bias fox is.

Please provide a link of this racist name calling video from CNN. To date I have yet to see any such video. A few signs in a crowd of Tea Partiers is the only thing I have seen with a racial slant.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:52 AM

479 posts, read 703,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
What kill me when Conservatives Complains about the media not covering the view point in which they're covering! it’s a contradiction. .......
And you know the conservative media, talk radio and etc are trying, hack your trying to do it now.
Please see my previous post regarding the use of the word "conservative".

http://www.city-data.com/forum/13475201-post6.html

To restate: The term "conservative", as it applies to politics in america, is antithetical to racist ideas. Conservatism is about the primacy of the INDIVIDUAL - no matter their race, color, creed, sex or national origin - along wth less government and greater personal freedom.

Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" does a great job of relating true conservative philosophy. Please read it before you start throwing the word "conservative" around improperly.

PS: You should work on your typing, spelling and grammar.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:53 AM

16,708 posts, read 29,542,355 times
Quote:

No.

Old 03-30-2010, 09:55 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,107,637 times
Quote:
CNN aired a video Sunday showing Hannity in denial about the racist naming calling, then CNN showed a video of the racist name calling LMAO it’s crazy how bias fox is.

Please provide a link of this racist name calling video from CNN. To date I have yet to see any such video. A few signs in a crowd of Tea Partiers is the only thing I have seen with a racial slant.
I have already tried and fail to find the video before I even post, it's a CNN state of union segment. When CNN posts the video up or when I find it, I just let you know how about that? cool

Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 AM

1,262 posts, read 2,975,711 times
Quote:

As a fellow conservative; no.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 AM

16,708 posts, read 29,542,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post

To restate: The term "conservative", as it applies to politics in america, is antithetical to racist ideas. Conservatism is about the primacy of the INDIVIDUAL - no matter their race, color, creed, sex or national origin - along wth less government and greater personal freedom.

Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged" does a great job of relating true conservative philosophy. Please read it before you start throwing the word "conservative" around improperly.

PS: You should work on your typing, spelling and grammar.
That's all well and good, bullybear, about the true meaning of "conservative."

However, you and I both know a plurality (maybe even a majority or super-majority) of those who call themselves "conservative" in the United States espouse and identify with many racist ideas.

PS: Don't get too pompous, now, because you received some acclaim from a poster or two on your previous "conservative definition" post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta