Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 09:36 AM

1,327 posts, read 1,914,041 times

Advertisements

It has finally happened, the once all male Augusta National Golf Club has finally admitted it's first two females. How will this historic event change the club for the better and worst and what about Augusta the city as a whole.

Augusta National admits 2 women members | The Augusta Chronicle
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post
It has finally happened, the once all male Augusta National Golf Club has finally admitted it's first two females. How will this historic event change the club for the better and worst and what about Augusta the city as a whole.

For all those who don't think this is a big deal the story made the AJC, CNN and Fox news.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:20 AM

78 posts, read 132,711 times
This will bring well deserved positive publicity to Augusta.

Condy for President!

Old 08-20-2012, 07:03 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatt.marine1 View Post

"What about Augusta the city as a whole?!" Nothing! Zero! Augusta National and the city of Augusta are about as far apart as two things could be. Those 12-foot walls covered in Ivey exist for a reason -- to keep out the "haves" from the "have nots." How many of the National's memebership even LIVE in Augusta? We don't know because the institution is so exclusive, but common sense tells you very few.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:18 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,509 posts, read 15,113,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
"What about Augusta the city as a whole?!" Nothing! Zero! Augusta National and the city of Augusta are about as far apart as two things could be. Those 12-foot walls covered in Ivey exist for a reason -- to keep out the "haves" from the "have nots." [b]How many of the National's memebership even LIVE in Augusta? We don't know because the institution is so exclusive, but common sense tells you very few.
The walls are for privacy, and have nothing to do with keeping out the have nots... Especially considering the have nots don't live by the course in Augusta.. The National wouldn't even allow upscale condos over 3-4 stories across the street, because they said people could look into the course from above...

I think you might need to ride through Summerville, Forest Hills Estates, etc if you think members of the National don't live in Augusta... The same people who 'hang out' at the Augusta Country Club, Surrey Center, etc help make up the 'Augusta National' crowd too..

Not too mention the masters gives out tickets to the RCBOE, and several people get tickets every year..... I'm sure they do take great pride in keeping the National 'exclusive' though..

Last edited by nortonguy; 08-20-2012 at 07:27 PM..

Old 08-20-2012, 07:49 PM

937 posts, read 1,802,558 times
I didnt even know she played golf

Old 08-20-2012, 08:07 PM

999 posts, read 1,551,448 times
As someone that resigned from the Augusta National in March... Newsboy, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:06 PM

13,709 posts, read 21,935,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tckr83 View Post
As someone that resigned from the Augusta National in March... Newsboy, you have no idea what you're talking about.
I know that Augusta National finally admitting women has NOTHING to do with the City of Augusta's image.

Old 08-20-2012, 09:10 PM

I think this will draw more females to the sport, which is larger audience for the Masters, in theory.

Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,509 posts, read 15,113,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
I know that Augusta National finally admitting women has NOTHING to do with the City of Augusta's image.
Your opinion and not fact....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: