Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-25-2013, 04:26 AM

16 posts, read 18,992 times

Advertisements

with the Army Cyber Command, starbucks plant, plant vogle developments,etc which area in the metro do you think will become the next hub?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2013, 04:03 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
South augusta or southwest augusta

Old 12-28-2013, 09:42 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
South augusta or southwest augusta
You'd think with all the companies and plants located in South Augusta its time would've come by now.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:15 AM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
Yes I agree

Old 12-29-2013, 11:28 AM

83 posts, read 125,797 times
Aiken

Old 02-03-2014, 12:17 PM

119 posts, read 204,453 times
Blythe and extreme northern Jefferson county , with the arrival of the Cyber Command rising home prices and the traffic nightmare it will bring to Grovetown gates 1 & 2, hwy 78/278 corridor. I could see these areas becoming more popular with newly arriving families, with the amount of land clearing taking place along hwy 1 in both counties along wit h the for sale advertisements cheaper home prices and quicker travel times via gate 5 coupled with reasonable schooling options in Jefferson as an alternative to Richmond.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:10 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Both gate 1 and gate 2 are located in Richmond County.. They actually considering closing gate 2, and building the new one in Columbia County on Gordon Hwy/278 between Harlem/Grovetown..

Gate 1 leads to Jimmie Dyess which some people call Southwest Augusta, West Augusta, or Central Augusta...

Gate 2 leads to Grovetown, but the area directly outside the gate is apart of Richmond County(some parts might have a Grovetown address)

Old 02-03-2014, 02:18 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
I would give it to Grovetown but their city limits are so small and I don' think there is any room left for development. Of course theres still a lot of room outside the city limits between Grovetown and Evans but while they a lot of those subdivisions like Tudor Branch have Grovetown addresses, they are not in the city limits.

I think because Hephzibah has a lot more land, that it's population could easily explode due to these developments. Also not to mention the fact that Windsor Spring Rd is getting ready to be widened starting this year. Willis Forman Rd is the last significant rd you get to before Hephzibah and several neighborhoods are under development off of that road. Any development past Willis Forman will put you in the Hephzibah city limits and I could see their population eventually rivaling that of North Augusta and maybe even Aiken.

I think the biggest obstacle for Hephzibah is that it is in Richmond County and some people have a negative perception of the all Richmond County schools even though all of the schools in Richmond County are not bad schools.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:20 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingMat View Post
Blythe and extreme northern Jefferson county , with the arrival of the Cyber Command rising home prices and the traffic nightmare it will bring to Grovetown gates 1 & 2, hwy 78/278 corridor. I could see these areas becoming more popular with newly arriving families, with the amount of land clearing taking place along hwy 1 in both counties along wit h the for sale advertisements cheaper home prices and quicker travel times via gate 5 coupled with reasonable schooling options in Jefferson as an alternative to Richmond.

I was under the impression that Jefferson County's school system performs even poorer than Richmond's. Not sure if that's true or not, or maybe that once was the case.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Southwest Augusta..

Based on proximity and recent housing construction, then Southwest Augusta provides the best opportunity.... Five new subdivisions are under construction right outside gate 1 and gate 2...

The RCBOE is planning to build a new K-8 school to handle the incoming growth..

Richmond County School Leaders Mulling Possibility Of New School - WJBF-TV ABC 6 Augusta-Aiken News, Weather, Sports

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
I think the biggest obstacle for Hephzibah is that it is in Richmond County and some people have a negative perception of the all Richmond County schools even though all of the schools in Richmond County are not bad schools.
I think even the people who have a clear bias against Richmond County, still acknowledged the magnet schools or the better schools..

The majority of those people are over the age of 50, and don't control the discussion compared to years ago.. This would have been the case more than likely 5-10 years ago, but not in 2014...

While Hephzibah doesn't have the upscale reputation of West Augusta, Summerville, etc.. The reputation of the 'Gordon Hwy' in South Augusta didn't stop people from moving into the new homes on Gordon Hwy in Southwest Augusta..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area