Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 06:24 PM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,176,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pu239 View Post
Head fakes and deflection....

Name one city sub forum on here where there is not dissent from the non-cheerleaders...
Who said there wasn't?!?

Alas I knew there would be no answer to my question. Guess it isn't "fairly evident"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2015, 04:21 AM

515 posts, read 632,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Do you not see the irony in all this? Am I the only one who understands the point Pu is making? Someone shouts from the rooftops about growth and picks up his pompoms to cheer with the rest of you, but glances over the hundreds of jobs that were lost in the same timeframe. Yet Pu does the exact inverse of that and you don't see why?

Attracting new companies and jobs is awesome for the CSRA, but meaningless in the grand scheme of things if you can't sustain the ones you've got in order to maintain an overall positive trend.
I get what he is saying. What I'm saying is that in the grand scheme of things, there was overall growth, despite what jobs were lost. It's not like the area has less jobs now than it did in February of last year. If that were the case, that would be a problem and mean the area was stagnant.

Old 02-19-2015, 09:26 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,101,643 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone placed you in charge of when the discussion ends... got it?

Now you spin this...

Table 3. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by state and metropolitan area

Number 2.... get it... 2 not one........

Augusta is really doing good if that's all you have to offer. The BLS included 2013 and they probably don't include Gainesville among the MSA's, because it's apart of the Atlanta CSA. From December 2013 to December 2014 Gainesville was at 3.4% compared to 3.3% in Augusta.

Old 02-19-2015, 03:54 PM

5,491 posts, read 8,323,155 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone placed you in charge of when the discussion ends... got it?

Now you spin this...

Table 3. Employees on nonfarm payrolls by state and metropolitan area

Number 2.... get it... 2 not one........

I just noticed something about this information. It has old MSA designations. At least for Greenville. Anderson is in the Greenville MSA now. So that means they have 386 give or take. Interesting information though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area