Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:06 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Greenville also has a much larger corporate presence and larger hi tech economy.. which draws the type of people who would patronage places like Cheesecake Factory. Even in laege cities like Atlanta you only see these restaurants in the higher end areas like Buckhead, Perimeter Center, Midtown, etc. Augusta has no comparable area. The demographics of metro Augusta are just not attractive for these types of restaurants. Bonefish is nice and all but even it stil isnt on the same level.... and Red Lobster? Puh leeze.
Cheesecake Factory is only a 2($$) restaurants and Bonefish the same. I look at both menus and I don't see anything different in price. You Cheesecake Factory is on a different level but a person work at Bilo can afford to eat there. Cheesecake Factory is over hype by you but I bet Columbia County could support one.

When I am in Atl or Charlotte that's my go to restaurant that how cheap it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 09:01 PM

5,616 posts, read 8,653,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Chipotle,,, I am super shocked Augusta doesn't have a Chipotle, every mid size city in Georgia has one, most all mid sized cities does. As far as the others, not really surprised and don't expect it! Does Augusta have a La Parrilla? I know Macon/Warner Robins has locations. They are all over Metro Atlanta and Savannah has a location.. Great Mexican food!
Columbus has 2 Chipotles. Not like that is a big deal but we have had those for years.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:03 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
Cheesecake Factory is only a 2($$) restaurants and Bonefish the same. I look at both menus and I don't see anything different in price. You Cheesecake Factory is on a different level but a person work at Bilo can afford to eat there. Cheesecake Factory is over hype by you but I bet Columbia County could support one.

When I am in Atl or Charlotte that's my go to restaurant that how cheap it is.
No one is talking about the price of Cheesecake Factory but you. It has nothing to do with how much it costs to eat there.

Cheesecake Factory is "over hype", according to you, yet it's your go to restaurant when in ATL or Charlotte...?

Old 08-24-2017, 09:17 PM

614 posts, read 1,101,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Is it Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris, Joe's Crabshack, Pollo Tropical, Del Taco, Smashburger, Pappadeaux, Seasons 52, Shake Shack, etc...
This, of course, isn't an all inclusive list. Add whatever place you like. There are 100's of places out there. Augusta is probably the next stop for Newk's Eatery.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
No one is talking about the price of Cheesecake Factory but you. It has nothing to do with how much it costs to eat there.

Cheesecake Factory is "over hype", according to you, yet it's your go to restaurant when in ATL or Charlotte...?
Cheesecake Factory is a little over hyped. When I lived in Augusta, folks talked about how good they were. Then, I moved up here. Lets say I've only eaten there twice. But I've been to Stoney River Steakhouse a million times.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:30 PM

1,497 posts, read 1,518,890 times
Soup Plantation would be nice. Lots of healthy options. Lord knows Augusta needs more healthy dining options. One more thing about Cheesecake Factory and Ruth's Chris and why Greenville has both and Augusta has neither. The MSA of Greenville is 880,000 more than 300,000 more than metro Augusta. When you look at the CSA of Greenville/Spartanburg you are talking about a trade area of 1.4 million people. It is naturally going to be more on the radar of these businesses more than Augusta is. As far as hype goes, yeah I do think Cheesecake Factory is overhyped and have never understood the obsession with it on this forum.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post

Don't get in your feeling. If it's not about price what it about than. The Reason for it to be my go restaurant when I'm in Atlanta or Charlotte because not expensive and ok restaurant. I been there so many times to I don't see the hype and Ruth Chris. Ruth chris is overprice T-bone steak house and T-bone have better steaks imo.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
This, of course, isn't an all inclusive list. Add whatever place you like. There are 100's of places out there. Augusta is probably the next stop for Newk's Eatery.
This place will hard to land here but I like eating there (Pappadeaux).

Old 08-24-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUGnative View Post
Soup Plantation would be nice. Lots of healthy options. Lord knows Augusta needs more healthy dining options. One more thing about Cheesecake Factory and Ruth's Chris and why Greenville has both and Augusta has neither. The MSA of Greenville is 880,000 more than 300,000 more than metro Augusta. When you look at the CSA of Greenville/Spartanburg you are talking about a trade area of 1.4 million people. It is naturally going to be more on the radar of these businesses more than Augusta is. As far as hype goes, yeah I do think Cheesecake Factory is overhyped and have never understood the obsession with it on this forum.
Greenville msa/csa is much larger. They have a more diverse economy. Located between Atl and CLT. Not to mention Clemson U. I actually went through their metro on my way to Charlotte and ate at Jack in the Box. Greenville, you have my respect. Somehow, they've been able to grow centered in between two juggernauts. Yet Macon, is Macon. Anyway's, they have a lot of chains. Pretty much, any chain that matters appears to be there.

Old 08-25-2017, 09:13 AM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
Don't get in your feeling. If it's not about price what it about than. The Reason for it to be my go restaurant when I'm in Atlanta or Charlotte because not expensive and ok restaurant. I been there so many times to I don't see the hype and Ruth Chris. Ruth chris is overprice T-bone steak house and T-bone have better steaks imo.
"Don't get in your feeling"? WTH does that even mean? I'm sure I'm not alone when I wish you would speak in proper, complete sentences so everyone could understand what you're talking about. You were comparing it to Red Lobster or Bonefish based on it being the same price range as those two. I and others have explained more than once the reason price has nothing to do with Cheesecake Factory not being in Augusta. They locate in much larger trade areas, areas with much more densely populated retail...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area