Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 08:47 AM

614 posts, read 1,101,440 times

Advertisements

Is it Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris, Joe's Crabshack, Pollo Tropical, Del Taco, Smashburger, Pappadeaux, Seasons 52, Shake Shack, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 09:57 AM

1,497 posts, read 1,518,890 times
Of the ones listed above, the only one I am somewhat surprised that Augusta does not have is Joe's Crabshack. It seems like the type of place Augustans would embrace and the price point is about right for Augusta.
I am still shocked that Augusta does not have Chipotle. Yeah I know Aiken has one, but still not one in Richmond and Columbia counties. IN other cities it seems like Chipotle is everywhere.
For the most part I think Augusta is pretty well covered when it comes to the mid range chain restaurants.

Old 08-24-2017, 11:32 AM

31 posts, read 32,536 times
Aren't they putting in a Chipotle in the Augusta Target parking lot?? Chipotle is by far the most explicit answer to OPs question.

Old 08-24-2017, 12:55 PM

2,427 posts, read 2,477,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
Is it Cheesecake Factory, Ruth's Chris, Joe's Crabshack, Pollo Tropical, Del Taco, Smashburger, Pappadeaux, Seasons 52, Shake Shack, etc...

Chipotle,,, I am super shocked Augusta doesn't have a Chipotle, every mid size city in Georgia has one, most all mid sized cities does. As far as the others, not really surprised and don't expect it! Does Augusta have a La Parrilla? I know Macon/Warner Robins has locations. They are all over Metro Atlanta and Savannah has a location.. Great Mexican food!

Old 08-24-2017, 01:39 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Cheesecake Factory and Ruth's Chris won't be interested in Augusta for a long time, regardless of the rumors people like to spread. Maybe a Joe's. Don't really know of the others being in any cities like Augusta except maybe Smashburger.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
Chipotle,,, I am super shocked Augusta doesn't have a Chipotle, every mid size city in Georgia has one, most all mid sized cities does. As far as the others, not really surprised and don't expect it! Does Augusta have a La Parrilla? I know Macon/Warner Robins has locations. They are all over Metro Atlanta and Savannah has a location.. Great Mexican food!
sadly, I am not really shocked. I remember it was not all that long ago that the only place you could get starbucks was in Eisenhower hospital on Fort Gordon. Now there are several starbucks in Augusta but much fewer than comparable sized or even smaller cities have. It does appear Chipotel is finally expanding into the Augusta market but is there a firm opening date for an Augusta location? It seems like it would do well in Augusta. Large portions for a relatively inexpensive price and Augusta does seem to love its Tex Mex food

Old 08-24-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Cheesecake Factory and Ruth's Chris won't be interested in Augusta for a long time, regardless of the rumors people like to spread. Maybe a Joe's. Don't really know of the others being in any cities like Augusta except maybe Smashburger.
I agree. I do not see Ruth's Chris or Cheesecake Factory coming to Augusta anytime in the foreseeable future. You would have to have major demographic changes for that to happen. Also Augusta is not really a corporate kind of town that attracts expense account type restaurants.
Joe's seems like the best fit because price wise it's in Red Lobster territory.. it's not fancy (Augusta prefers ultra casual dining), and its teh type of food Augustans seem to like. Think Rhineharts menu but in a much cleaner atmosphere and the shrimp is actually deveined.
I dont see Smashburger or Shake Shack coming to Augusta. Maybe Smashburger but not Shake Shack.
One chain not mentioned is Chuy's, a Tex-Mex chain out of Austin, TX. I think it would do well in Augusta.
As far as Fast Food chains, I would love for an In-n-out or a Whataburger to open in the area but I believe this is too far outside of their territory.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:28 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,388,028 times
Why cheesecake factory can't do well in Augusta, when we already supporting 2 red lobsters and Bone fish and Grill?

Old 08-24-2017, 06:21 PM

1,157 posts, read 1,412,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlovingit View Post
Why cheesecake factory can't do well in Augusta, when we already supporting 2 red lobsters and Bone fish and Grill?
Because they aren't remotely the same concept, and Cheesecake Factory is in much larger, more vibrant cities. You might say Greenville is similar, but Greenville has much more dense retail spread than Augusta in the area where their Cheesecake Factory is located. Retail in the Augusta area is focused on several fairly specific areas, whereas Greenville has dense retail spread across some fairly large areas.

Old 08-24-2017, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRU_Minion View Post
Because they aren't remotely the same concept, and Cheesecake Factory is in much larger, more vibrant cities. You might say Greenville is similar, but Greenville has much more dense retail spread than Augusta in the area where their Cheesecake Factory is located. Retail in the Augusta area is focused on several fairly specific areas, whereas Greenville has dense retail spread across some fairly large areas.
Greenville also has a much larger corporate presence and larger hi tech economy.. which draws the type of people who would patronage places like Cheesecake Factory. Even in laege cities like Atlanta you only see these restaurants in the higher end areas like Buckhead, Perimeter Center, Midtown, etc. Augusta has no comparable area. The demographics of metro Augusta are just not attractive for these types of restaurants. Bonefish is nice and all but even it stil isnt on the same level.... and Red Lobster? Puh leeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area