Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2008, 11:23 AM

194 posts, read 529,667 times

Advertisements

To promote a downtown Augusta baseball stadium as a regional attraction, Augusta Mayor Deke Copenhaver spoke to Columbia County officials and business leaders Wednesday.

Since he and Augusta GreenJackets owner Cal Ripken first discussed the idea in 2006, Mr. Copenhaver said he has garnered widespread support for building a $31.8 million minor league ballpark and multipurpose facility at the site of the Georgia Golf Hall of Fame on Reynolds Street.

The mixed-use facility will feature hotels, offices, retail shops and restaurants.

The project would support as many as 900 jobs and generate $3.3 million in annual tax revenue for the city, according to literature Mr. Copenhaver passed out at the meeting of the Columbia County Convention and Visitors Bureau.

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/091908/met_476256.shtml (broken link)

Last edited by joeyrun; 09-20-2008 at 11:35 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2008, 04:19 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
So, is it going to get built or not?

Old 09-20-2008, 07:39 PM

239 posts, read 702,121 times
there is a big country concert coming to aiken ...rodney adkins sarah evans ..josh turner and more...maybe the james brown coliseum authority need to go see how a real venue works...

Old 09-20-2008, 08:44 PM

11,706 posts, read 24,804,340 times
What does that have to do with a baseball stadium southernmeltdown?

Old 09-20-2008, 10:50 PM

239 posts, read 702,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by g-man430 View Post
What does that have to do with a baseball stadium southernmeltdown?
they have 2 major venues in augusta james brown arena and the bell auditorium ...the james brown arena is just a little bit smaller than your bi-lo center and has not had a concert in years....the bell ...nothing ....well frank caleindo next month.....while a little 4100 seat venue across the river is kicking butt.....selling out the last few shows ...albeit not huge stars but music just the same ..and this country show used to be in augusta but they moved to a small venue in aiken ....go figure????..... i am trying to get someone anyone to play augusta live nation told me to go self fornicate myself the don't "do" augusta i an so disappointed ....so build a multi million dollar stadium ????? why ????? the cannot get talent to augusta....the greenjackets ....so what?????

Old 09-22-2008, 07:47 AM

194 posts, read 529,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmeltdown View Post
they have 2 major venues in augusta james brown arena and the bell auditorium ...the james brown arena is just a little bit smaller than your bi-lo center and has not had a concert in years....the bell ...nothing ....well frank caleindo next month.....while a little 4100 seat venue across the river is kicking butt.....selling out the last few shows ...albeit not huge stars but music just the same ..and this country show used to be in augusta but they moved to a small venue in aiken ....go figure????..... i am trying to get someone anyone to play augusta live nation told me to go self fornicate myself the don't "do" augusta i an so disappointed ....so build a multi million dollar stadium ????? why ????? the cannot get talent to augusta....the greenjackets ....so what?????
It was just a sold out concert this past saturday at james brown arena. I went to it downtown. Musiq soulchild. steve harvey, and cedric the entertainer all perform at the bell audoitorium this and last month.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:37 AM

765 posts, read 1,912,188 times
check this out www.metrospirit (broken link) .com info on the development
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: