Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:21 AM

194 posts, read 529,526 times

Advertisements

Maybe a convention center will be opposite of the Sheraton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 10:00 AM

267 posts, read 726,012 times
Walton way burgers doesn't sound right.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:38 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,107,847 times
Their is plenty of land in outer South Augusta, Hephzibah, Mcbean, and Blythe. People who want to live in the burbs. But don't the traffic jams of West Augusta. Or to a lesser extent Evans or Aiken. Are starting to move to outer South Augusta, Hephzibah, Mcbean, and Blythe. Which will have a affect on new retail developments.

Outer South Augusta and Hephzibah. Both will start to see a increase in retail. The areas of outer South Augusta are mostly tobacco rd and back. Goshen, Diamond Lakes, Brown rd, Old waynesboro rd, Cross Creek, Manchester, etc. Inner South Augusta is mostly inside I-520. South Gate, Regency Mall, etc. Several neighborhoods have been built in outer South Augusta recently. Especially in the corridor of tobacco rd and back going towards Hephzibah city. And in the city limits of Hephzibah itself. The neigborhoods btw tobacco rd and willis foreman have a Hephzibah address. But they aren't in the city limits of Hephzibah.

South Augusta
Windsor spring/richmond hill rd. The owner has spent over $200,000 clearing and grading the property. It is now ready to be built on. Im not sure yet what the development will be.

Property Sub-type:Retail (land)

Additional Sub-types:Restaurant
Service/Gas Station
Retail Pad

Hephzibah
New business park located at 3338 peach orchard rd.

Old 11-27-2009, 11:42 AM

The construction beside the Sheraton. It could be a small convention center. But it also could be condos or townhomes. I saw the construction while driving on I-20. I didn't ride on stevens creek to see it up close.

Old 11-30-2009, 01:55 PM

220 posts, read 622,766 times
That's awesome news Hephzibah is getting a business park.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:28 AM

937 posts, read 1,801,939 times
is all this construction necessary in West Augusta? Why not build all these hotels downtown 1st and then expand outward? P.S the ramada downtown on Boad is so ugly and dirty is there any renovation plans scheduled for that hotel?

Old 12-05-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
is all this construction necessary in West Augusta? Why not build all these hotels downtown 1st and then expand outward? P.S the ramada downtown on Boad is so ugly and dirty is there any renovation plans scheduled for that hotel?
I-20 runs through West Augusta in Richmond county. Interstates always cause growth. Augusta is coming off a big interchange project also. The median income in West Augusta is over 70k.

Monday the tee center is the first thing on the agenda. A Hyatt is coming by the Marriott, Tee Center, and common downtown.

Last edited by nortonguy; 12-05-2009 at 02:26 PM..

Old 12-07-2009, 02:17 PM

Ok, i guess we no for sure that the TEE center is coming, I wonder how long before construction begins, isnt the land ready already???

Old 12-07-2009, 08:54 PM

1,138 posts, read 2,696,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Augusta View Post
Ok, i guess we no for sure that the TEE center is coming, I wonder how long before construction begins, isnt the land ready already???
I heard on the news that they are planning on construction starting in the Spring of next year, I think they'll have to tear down part of the Marriott parking deck to make room for the TEE Center (at least that's what the plans for it look like, you can download the .pdf from Augustaga.gov, just search 'TEE Center' if your interested).

Old 12-08-2009, 09:05 AM

ok yeah i'll do that, im just excited that the project is finals going to happen, did they say anything about the hotel on the news as well?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area