Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 09:40 AM

Location: Augusta, GA ''The fastest rising city in the southeast''
7,508 posts, read 15,110,286 times

Advertisements

Why did the moderators close my DT Augusta thread?

I started the thread in 2009 and it's full of useful information.. It's not my fault some people create screen names just to argue on the site and don't offer anything productive to the discussion..

I understand Atlanta is the main forum, but we've been saying the moderators need to do a better job controlling the other GA forums.. The Augusta forum has been taking over by trolls...

Why not send a warning to the people who repeatedly post off topic comments instead of closing the entire thing?

The residents that have productive information to share are going to get turned off and soon you'll be stuck with nothing but trolling..

Last edited by nortonguy; 05-27-2014 at 09:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 10:18 AM

120 posts, read 155,005 times
I have to agree Nortonguy. I've only begun to post here recently, but have followed this forum for years. When
I saw that atlantagreg closed that thread...with 140 pages and 5 years of information...my first reaction was he's
acting far more inappropriately than anything I have witnessed on that thread. My second thought was, mannnnnn,
would I be PISSED if I started it!!!

I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and maybe atlantagreg was just having an unusually bad night!?!?
Perhaps if you contacted him directly and explained your/our angst, he might reconsider his actions...just a thought.

Paul

Old 05-27-2014, 10:26 AM
PJA

2,462 posts, read 3,178,848 times
I personally don't think threads need to be that long anyway and that thread was toooo long.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:01 AM

1,157 posts, read 1,413,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nortonguy View Post
Why did the moderators close my DT Augusta thread?
My guess is that closing it means they don't have to bother paying attention to it. You said yourself they don't pay much attention to anything but the Atlanta forum. One would assume that someone reported the other thread and this was the outcome. Warning someone and leaving something open would require them to follow up and keep watching it, which they apparently don't have the desire to do. That's my guess. My guess is that this one will also suffer the same fate once it gets noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Augusta area
View detailed profiles of: