Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 PM

1 posts, read 2,063 times

Advertisements

went to Utexas.edu site last night. Clicked on 'athletics', 'single game tickets,' 'UT Vs A&m,' '2 tickets'. At $100 each, section 16 Row 20, got what i wanted. But everyone seems to be awestruck that I got them....so did i do something wrong? I keep looking at the receipt and it doesn't say i have to be a student or anything. Why do others use ticket agents when they seem to still be available throught UT's own website?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,977 times
Because traditionally tickets for any game in the season don't exist by now. The team is simply not as good and tickets are available this year. UT publicized selling the unused visitors tickets for the Iowa State game last week by email essentially begging people to buy them. They haven't had to do that in years. Typically, news starts to leak out if the visitor is returning tickets and people line up for them the moment they're available. There's no demand this year, so tickets can be bought.

That said, buying tickets from the scalpers outside the stadium on game day should be cheaper than ever for the rest of the season...

Old 10-28-2010, 06:05 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Bean View Post
went to Utexas.edu site last night. Clicked on 'athletics', 'single game tickets,' 'UT Vs A&m,' '2 tickets'. At $100 each, section 16 Row 20, got what i wanted. But everyone seems to be awestruck that I got them....so did i do something wrong? I keep looking at the receipt and it doesn't say i have to be a student or anything. Why do others use ticket agents when they seem to still be available throught UT's own website?
Are those tickets for THIS year?

Go Gamecocks!

Old 10-29-2010, 10:45 AM

532 posts, read 1,392,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robino2001 View Post
...That said, buying tickets from the scalpers outside the stadium on game day should be cheaper than ever for the rest of the season...
I've heard that there are tickets that only UT students are allowed to use. (I assume, because they're half-price or something.) That you won't be allowed into the game if you're trying to use the student ticket and aren't a student. And that the ticket will be taken from you so you can't resell it to a student. First of all, is that true? Secondly, if it is true, how do you know if the tickets you're getting from a scalper (or anyone else, I suppose) are student tickets? Are they marked "STUDENT" very clearly? Or are they for specific sections of the stadium, so you need to know what those student sections are? I don't want to spend money on a ticket and then not be able to get in because I'm not a student. Thanks!

Old 10-29-2010, 12:40 PM

21 posts, read 79,598 times
They are clearly marked. They will say "LASP" or "Longhorn All Sports Package" on them.

Take a look at this pic I found:

http://images.craigslist.org/3n13o53l55O05V35W1a8ka589edce183217a3.jpg (broken link)

trey

Old 10-29-2010, 04:13 PM

426 posts, read 1,673,977 times
Right... they'll either look like above or they'll be paper printout tickets (used to have the students name on it) also with LASP somewhere on it. LASP is what you want to stay away from.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:06 AM

532 posts, read 1,392,666 times
That's definitely good to know treybrad and robino2001. Thanks a lot!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin