Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 AM

547 posts, read 1,434,721 times

Advertisements

I consider one of the cons to be the unrelenting heat in the summer, however one of the pros is that we have near perfect spring and fall weather, and mild winters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2011, 10:08 AM

152 posts, read 280,993 times
Everybody picks on eepstein! I don't agree with him very often but I enjoy his posts (not that I think he gives a hoot)!

Austin is a GREAT town except the damn heat in the summer, come on out!

Old 11-09-2011, 12:05 PM

1,445 posts, read 3,268,510 times
Weather is nice during the winter? Are you serious?? Sure you do get some 70-80 degree days with 40 MPH south winds, but in two days the winds turn to the north and it's 40 degrees with 40 MPH winds. Not to mention a killing freeze the morning after. This keeps reoccuring in various forms all winter long. I could probably count on my hand the number of nice days in winter....ok i mean true "CALIFORNIA" days.

Yes, there might be a few nice days in the "spring" as well....if you can find it that is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
November, December, January, February!

Summer can easily run from May 1st to October 31st!

Others might say the best months are February, March, April, May, spring can be glorious here.

Old 11-09-2011, 12:07 PM

1,445 posts, read 3,268,510 times
The multi media marketing campaign in Austin uses that term "MILD" as well. I think cities than would truely be "mild" in the winter would be Houston, Phoenix, Tucson, and Central and south florida.

Since when are multiple freezes, windchills, and snowfalls considered to be a "mild" climate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffettjr View Post
I consider one of the cons to be the unrelenting heat in the summer, however one of the pros is that we have near perfect spring and fall weather, and mild winters.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM

12,059 posts, read 13,893,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveydoe View Post
which 4?
More like 5:

March, April, May, October, and November are perfect weather months.

December through February is either nice or freezing.
June and September can be nice or hot.
July and August are hot.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:25 PM

532 posts, read 1,392,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eepstein View Post
The multi media marketing campaign in Austin uses that term "MILD" as well. I think cities than would truely be "mild" in the winter would be Houston, Phoenix, Tucson, and Central and south florida.

Since when are multiple freezes, windchills, and snowfalls considered to be a "mild" climate?
Yeah, exactly - SINCE WHEN?! How many millions of illegal slush fund dollars did the City of Austin bribe you, buffettjr, to come online and say that you think that winters in Austin are "mild"? Everyone knows that what Dr. Eepstein said is a FACT and that the only reason you say the winters here are mild is because you won't OPEN YOUR EYES!

Old 11-09-2011, 04:01 PM

404 posts, read 712,288 times
^haha. I see what you did there with the emocons.

back on topic, sure.. there's a bit of cold. we're not talking Michigan cold tho.. its not a dealbreaker.

The heat is the drawback. I really thought the entire place was gonna go ablaze. I wish I had visited Bastrop state park before the fires

Old 11-09-2011, 10:32 PM

21 posts, read 65,092 times
Lol... I'm from MS. Our humidity makes walking outside in august like sticking your head in an oven. I was actually happy in san antonio this summer because I could breathe outside and the nights were cooler. In MS the humidity is all day and doesn't really let up until late sept/mid oct.

And yes, I checked into utsa but the programs there are too young.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin