Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2007, 10:08 AM

3 posts, read 11,701 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

My wife and I just moved to Austin from China at the beginning of August. I'm a U.S. citizen with a driver's license since for 11 years, but my license expired while I was in China, and I need to take the driving test to get a new one. Unfortunately, I haven't found a job yet, and don't have any friends here in the city, so I have no one who can let me use their car to take the test. Is anyone on the board willing to meet me at the Driver's License Office at 6121 N Lamar (on the other side of Denson from the Whataburger) and let me use their car for the test? I'm willing to pay $20 (cash or check) to anyone who can do it.

The office only does tests up until early afternoon, but lines form early. I will get in line early (around 6:45 or so). You could either meet me at 7:30 when they open (or maybe 5 minutes before, just to be safe), or you could tell me your ideal time, and I can put my name in for that time slot.

If you're interested in helping us out as we get settled in Austin, please send me a direct message by clicking on my screen name and choosing "Send a direct message to hoby." Thanks a lot!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin