Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 12:37 PM

13 posts, read 26,877 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I'm looking at rental houses possibly in EISD area, however, I'm not at all familiar with that area since I have been focusing on RR / Leander mostly.

Is it remotely feasible to find a 4/2 for 1600/month in that district? My husband works right at the northern boundary of the district, so it's possibly a bit closer commute than RR would be.

I'm still in Florida trying to do this from afar, so I appreciate any help that can be offered.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,882,004 times
You might find a 3/2 apartment or condo rental at that price, but not a 4/2 home. Try Austinhomesearch.com, look for "lease", and enter 78746 (or Eanes ISD).

Old 04-26-2012, 12:48 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
You'd probably be looking at closer to $3K per month for a 4 bedroom house. It looks like some 3 bedroom houses can be had for just at or under $2K per month. Follow the link below to search the MLS and choose Eanes as the school district along the right side of the screen.

Lease (http://www.austinhomesearch.com/Search/Lease.aspx - broken link)

Old 04-26-2012, 12:54 PM

thanks for the zip code -- hadn't even thought of that. /sigh

And also, that's about what I was thinking on cost, but I'll see if I can't win the lottery and find a diamond in the rough lol

Old 04-26-2012, 03:10 PM

499 posts, read 1,306,531 times
Most (all?) of 78733 also goes to Eanes, and homes are cheaper (there's a 4-bed for $2200), but you'll probably have to stick to 2-beds to meet your $1600 limit.

Old 04-26-2012, 03:37 PM

Well, 3 kids, 2 adults, and a dog wouldn't fit comfortably in 2 bedrooms without me becoming a ward of an insane asylum. As much as I'd love to have the kids go to those schools, I can appreciate that RR has a very good district as well, and at least in that locale the kids get to keep their semi-sane mother.

Thanks for all the help!

Old 04-26-2012, 06:47 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesara View Post
Well, 3 kids, 2 adults, and a dog wouldn't fit comfortably in 2 bedrooms without me becoming a ward of an insane asylum. As much as I'd love to have the kids go to those schools, I can appreciate that RR has a very good district as well, and at least in that locale the kids get to keep their semi-sane mother.

Thanks for all the help!
The best schools in RRISD are comparable (the numbers suggest better) to EISD. The best schools in LISD are almost comparable to EISD.

But they are NOT in Round Rock or Leander. All newbies must really try to get a handle on the difference between a city & a school district.

Also.....my kid doesn't attend a school district.....he goes to a school each day. Research schools....not districts, & neighborhoods...not zip codes.

Old 04-26-2012, 07:31 PM

I've most definitely researched schools, the district, and neighborhoods in Round Rock and Leander but I had no knowledge of anything related to the Eanes district other than it was top rated. A zip-code was a good starting point.

Schools are a product of a district, and the district dictates a lot of curriculum and other aspects of a child's education. And while individual schools vary in success, the district those schools belong to should absolutely be a factor in researching if one has the luxury of doing so. As do neighborhoods surrounding schools. While busing and boundary lines move, the area immediately surrounding a school does have an impact on the students who attend, the general involvement of parents, as well the desire level of teachers to want to work there. Generally, good teachers flock to good schools. While this isn't ALWAYS the case because of incentive programs, some individual teaching goals and other factors, it generally is.

The RRISD does encompass more than RR itself, but it is still the general area of RR. As is Leander. It would be incorrect to use the county, since Williamson County houses both of those districts, so my original differentiation still stands.

Your kid physically walks into a school each day, but I assure you he attends that district as much as he does the school

Old 04-26-2012, 08:18 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,783,174 times
Quote:
I've most definitely researched schools, the district, and neighborhoods in Round Rock and Leander but I had no knowledge of anything related to the Eanes district other than it was top rated. A zip-code was a good starting point.

Schools are a product of a district, and the district dictates a lot of curriculum and other aspects of a child's education. And while individual schools vary in success, the district those schools belong to should absolutely be a factor in researching if one has the luxury of doing so. As do neighborhoods surrounding schools. While busing and boundary lines move, the area immediately surrounding a school does have an impact on the students who attend, the general involvement of parents, as well the desire level of teachers to want to work there. Generally, good teachers flock to good schools. While this isn't ALWAYS the case because of incentive programs, some individual teaching goals and other factors, it generally is.

The RRISD does encompass more than RR itself, but it is still the general area of RR. As is Leander. It would be incorrect to use the county, since Williamson County houses both of those districts, so my original differentiation still stands.

Your kid physically walks into a school each day, but I assure you he attends that district as much as he does the school
You don't live here. Most (virtually all) of your comments above aren't accurate in regards to LISD & RRISD (& lots of AISD).

I do agree that good teachers generally flock towards good schools though.

Old 04-26-2012, 09:05 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
Quote:

Schools are a product of a district, and the district dictates a lot of curriculum and other aspects of a child's education.

This doesn't make any sense for this area. There are High Schools in RRISD that I would be happy to send my kids to and one that I would never send my kids to. The same goes for LISD High Schools. The fact that I could send my kids to the public charter Gateway College Prepatory school in Georgetown no matter what district I live in again brings it down to the individual school level. It all comes down to individual schools and not the districts as a whole. This is even more applicable to AISD.

And just to add, TEA has more of a say as to what curriculum your child sees so they can do well on the state tests. The districts have to form a curriculum that follows along with what the state/TEA wants the kids to learn.

Last edited by mark311; 04-26-2012 at 09:31 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin