Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 03:29 PM

593 posts, read 470,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
We bought another place in Avery Ranch(after 5 years here). Don't know what your problem is with AR.
top 3 Problems include:

1. Location of AR. it's in a bad spot. espeically with 1431 on one end and 620 on the other.
2. Layout(cut of the home).. One thing I look for is how the house is laid out from proxy of master bedroom to the kitchen to the garage to the backyard. If it'snot cut right, I'm turned off. ie - if the laundry room is in the kitchen..YUK!! or if the Master bedroom is on the main floor, no dice.....or if the garage is the main view of the house...no way. I'm very picky about the little things.
3. Price - Avery Ranch boasts million dollar homes but got the nerve to put a $350K home next to it??? Whose screening these buyers out?...not a good look.

on the other hand in Steiner Ranch:

1. A million dollar homes is next to 4-5 other million dollar homes. a good look.
2. Proximity to Austin and ability to move around is much better.
3. Price - Prices are competitive with Avery Ranch with more for you money.

but I digress, the topic was about HOA fees and Avery Ranch for $95bucks is not a bad deal given the lackluster area a person buys into.

Hopefully Schilltterbahn changes that for AR. they need a boost out there to attract some long time residents.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:31 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,561,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatWing View Post
I just looked at houses online not even 3 weeks ago and Avery Ranch is LITTERED with homes for sale. That'snot a good look to a prospective buyer. people want neighbors.

would you like me to post the search? will they allow it on this site?
We will be lucky to get the new home in AR we are 'bidding' on right now. We contacted them the FIRST day it was listed and are now in a 'group' of three hopeful buyers.

If it's 'sitting', it ain't priced right or something is wrong with it. Our Drees home is on a block of varied builders, the ONLY house that has been for sale this year(on our street of 35) and as I mentioned, brought multiple full-price offers before it was ever listed.

I'm starting to believe in this parallel universe theory that must be in play here. "Your" Avery Ranch is very different from what I drive through every day.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:32 PM

318 posts, read 670,687 times
Ah, yes. I believe BatWing is having a good time with all those 'hoods mixed together.

And the thread was about RESERVE at BRUSHY CREEK. Not Avery Ranch at all.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:32 PM

2,633 posts, read 6,401,631 times
Quote:

but I digress, the topic was about HOA fees and Avery Ranch for $95bucks is not a bad deal given the lackluster area a person buys into.
Try reading that topic again.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:35 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,561,432 times
Quote:
top 3 Problems include:

1. Location of AR. it's in a bad spot. espeically with 1431 on one end and 620 on the other.
2. Layout(cut of the home).. One thing I look for is how the house is laid out from proxy of master bedroom to the kitchen to the garage to the backyard. If it'snot cut right, I'm turned off. ie - if the laundry room is in the kitchen..YUK!! or if the Master bedroom is on the main floor, no dice.....or if the garage is the main view of the house...no way. I'm very picky about the little things.
3. Price - Avery Ranch boasts million dollar homes but got the nerve to put a $350K home next to it??? Whose screening these buyers out?...not a good look.

on the other hand in Steiner Ranch:

1. A million dollar homes is next to 4-5 other million dollar homes. a good look.
2. Proximity to Austin and ability to move around is much better.
3. Price - Prices are competitive with Avery Ranch with more for you money.

Hopefully Schilltterbahn changes that for AR. they need a boost out there to attract some long time residents.
I was wrong about the parallel universe. This is obviously a multi-dimensional time-warp at play here.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
I was wrong about the parallel universe. This is obviously a multi-dimensional time-warp at play here.
LOL! It's been a fun diversion this afternoon for sure!

Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
We will be lucky to get the new home in AR we are 'bidding' on right now. We contacted them the FIRST day it was listed and are now in a 'group' of three hopeful buyers.

If it's 'sitting', it ain't priced right or something is wrong with it. Our Drees home is on a block of varied builders, the ONLY house that has been for sale this year(on our street of 35) and as I mentioned, brought multiple full-price offers before it was ever listed.

I'm starting to believe in this parallel universe theory that must be in play here. "Your" Avery Ranch is very different from what I drive through every day.

yeah and You're probably bidding on the best house on the street too. go figure. why is that? when it's 50 other subpar homes to take in AR?

No need to argue, I will just post a search tonight. show you so you can see for yourself. 60 homes for sale in a 10 mile radius is not a good look I don't care what you say.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloppymeg View Post
Ah, yes. I believe BatWing is having a good time with all those 'hoods mixed together.

And the thread was about RESERVE at BRUSHY CREEK. Not Avery Ranch at all.

ehhh tomato tomatoe AR/BC..same thing imo. and it's back roads that connect the two neighborhoods too.

Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:

you're upset about something. not sure what it is though

Old 06-19-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
ehhh tomato tomatoe AR/BC..same thing imo. and it's back roads that connect the two neighborhoods too.

Nope. No back roads connection to either Reserve or Ranch at Brushy Creek. Oh, except that we're all within that imaginary 10 mile radius search of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin