Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2014, 12:19 PM

5,184 posts, read 7,279,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImOnFiya View Post
To move a goalpost, you have to set one. Per the OP, this thread is not about hat.
Then you sure have spent a lot of time on what "this thread is not about".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2014, 01:39 PM

1,283 posts, read 2,737,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scm53 View Post
Then you sure have spent a lot of time on what "this thread is not about".
That's really odd since you introduced the topic (I interrupted as another 'iteration' of what the OP has referred to in this thread)...

Quote:
I thank you for introducing the topic. Now for the OP, let's move on, shall we?

Old 07-20-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
That's really odd since you introduced the topic (I interrupted as another 'iteration' of what the OP has referred to in this thread)...

I thank you for introducing the topic. Now for the OP, let's move on, shall we?
Actually, YOU introduced the topic:

Quote:
Most hispanics under 65 use the term 'hispanic'. Those over 65 have used the term 'white'. Biracial white/hispanic children have used a number of descriptions(white, hispanic), with 'white hispanic' seemingly gaining in popularity (esp. in white-collar professional households).
I understand creating unsupportable positions out of thin air, attempting to distract with what was or wasn't on birth certificates, and finally wanting to move on. But please don't act like I was the one that started down this fantasy rabbit trail.

Shall we?

Old 07-20-2014, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Actually, YOU introduced the topic:

I understand creating unsupportable positions out of thin air, attempting to distract with what was or wasn't on birth certificates, and finally wanting to move on. But please don't act like I was the one that started down this fantasy rabbit trail.

Shall we?
I'll try to respect the OP on this thread for a third and final time.

Scm53, as everyone knows, you introduced the subject of African-American population loss which I have discussed several times. The post regarding hispanic population loss was meant as an accompanying subject which is becoming obscured by this inter-personal volley between you and I which has nothing to do with the OP. As a result, this thread is going off-topic.

With all due respect, please honor the OP and keep the thread focused. I am not continuing this tit-for-tat discussion and hijack this thread. If you want to continue this other topic which you introduced, I am more than happy to discuss on another thread. Thank you.

Last edited by ImOnFiya; 07-20-2014 at 02:31 PM..

Old 07-20-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Scm53, as everyone knows, you introduced the subject of African-American population loss which I have discussed several times.
Nice try. All I said was that the NY Times had picked up the story - without comment. Any attempt to pin this on me isn't rooted in fact.

If you didn't want to be challenged on this ridiculous notion of "white Hispanics", then you shouldn't have introduced it. Especially since this new concern for being "on topic".

Old 07-20-2014, 02:38 PM

I believe the OP would like to have more voices in this discussion. Austin is the only city in the nation with..

Old 07-20-2014, 03:48 PM

152 posts, read 196,492 times
Are we slinging feces at each other yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin