Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 12:37 PM

47 posts, read 189,239 times

Advertisements

Thanks for the info Trainwreck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2008, 02:10 AM

2 posts, read 14,918 times
Train, maybe thats what it was! My concern at the time was installing a privacy fence and didn't want any hassles.
I will say that we did not buy on the street where someone runs a business out of their side yard. Its port-o-potties or something!
Rainier, I am right inside Travis and those road folks have been spotted a few times!!! I keep telling myself that since they did all the survey work that the spray paint on the road must be a good sign.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:31 PM

My property backs up to Travis County, it's amazing how different the roads are in front of my property (Hays) and behind (Travis). I really hope they fix those roads, I tend to take my ATV to the lake/park rather than my truck cause the holes are so bad. You may have seen me zipping around.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:04 PM

Looks like they black-topped the area right behind my property where Hays and Travis county roads meet up! Now they just need to get the area near the near the park/lake done.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:54 PM

147 posts, read 541,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier2 View Post
Hello new here...

Do any of you guys have any extra info on the association in the Deer Creek Ranch subdivision in Dripping Springs? Just out of curiosity, my wife and I were reading over the deed restrictions and it's such a joke! They say things that are required yet houses that have been here 10 years don't even follow the restrictions! Examples: No barbed wire, our neighbors have barbed wire fence (and have for a long time). Pot holes that aren't repaired by the county are to be repaired by association yet it's like driving on the moon around the corner from our house on the Travis county side. All houses are to be finished within 6 months of starting construction, yet there are TONS of houses that were never finished out.. even just some slabs in some areas that look to have been there for 10 years. Numerous contradictions in the restrictions, some about livestock etc.

Luckily, we live on the Hays county side which is much nicer, but I think this is just hilarious.. Who the hell are these association leaders? They're complete retards! This place is beautiful in some parts, but you can stumble on to some really run down crap if you look around in the whole "neighborhood".

Let me know what you know!
I grew up in the neighborhood...lived there for 18 years actually. My mom used to get involved in the neighborhood stuff but she died 3 months ago. All I can tell you is in the 24 years that my dad has lived there...the roads have never changed they have just been paved over a couple of times...if you notice the Hays side is crazy horrible...

You should just be happy with the water you are getting..it took my mom 15 years to get this one dude to give up his water rights...

Its a shame where that neighborhood is going...there used to barely be any houses out there...now they are going up all over the place...

The Hays side is nicer, but they have the same problems...My parents kept their house up pretty well...what road are you off of?

Old 12-12-2008, 03:01 PM

Panorama. Actually, the Hays sides roads are better than the Travis side. They did blacktop some parts of the Travis side now, but most of it is still just repaired pot holes. They Hays side is bumpy, but no potholes (they repaved about 1.5 years ago).

There are some nice houses being built, but it seems it's contractors building houses and living in them because they park their work trucks on their property.

I heard about the water issue, luckily we moved in right after that fiasco. Overall, I love the area. It's probably one of the most unique "neighborhoods" around. Lots of natural beauty around to explore and even a swimming pond, as I'm sure you're aware of. We take walks or ride ATVs down to some sorta "hidden" areas. My main gripes are the endless construction of houses (some that never get done), the roads, and some of the residents of the area are just annoying. It's a great place for us since we're pretty young (26), there's lots of stuff to explore.

Sorry to hear about your mom. :\

What other info do you have about the area?

Last edited by Rainier2; 12-12-2008 at 03:26 PM..

Old 12-12-2008, 05:05 PM

147 posts, read 541,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainier2 View Post
Panorama. Actually, the Hays sides roads are better than the Travis side. They did blacktop some parts of the Travis side now, but most of it is still just repaired pot holes. They Hays side is bumpy, but no potholes (they repaved about 1.5 years ago).

There are some nice houses being built, but it seems it's contractors building houses and living in them because they park their work trucks on their property.

I heard about the water issue, luckily we moved in right after that fiasco. Overall, I love the area. It's probably one of the most unique "neighborhoods" around. Lots of natural beauty around to explore and even a swimming pond, as I'm sure you're aware of. We take walks or ride ATVs down to some sorta "hidden" areas. My main gripes are the endless construction of houses (some that never get done), the roads, and some of the residents of the area are just annoying. It's a great place for us since we're pretty young (26), there's lots of stuff to explore.

Sorry to hear about your mom. :\

What other info do you have about the area?
Wow thats crazy...I grew up on Twin Creek Circle...my dad bought the two lots on either side so no one could build on them...I spent my youth fishing in that pond and swimming there...lots of fun. I moved out of there 5 years ago but have been back every month or so since...I was actually there today...but ya, I have noticed lots of houses...when my parents moved out there, there were only 3 houses in the area...that was a long long time ago though...

I mean I dont know what to tell you other than the School District is probably one of the best whether you decide to go to Lake Travis or Dripping Springs...there is going to be a lot of traffic on Hamilton Pool Road before long with construction/neighborhoods going in...

To be honest with you, unless you are going to the park, you probably have little to no use for the bad parts of the road...you should have been out there when people were on wells and we had to go all the way to the lake just to get drinkable water. Roads were just as bad back then...I honestly cant remember when it didnt look like the moon in that neighborhood...

Its not really one of those "know your neighbors" kind of neighborhood anymore...its kind of weird...the houses get closer and the people get more distant...

As far as the neighborhood Association goes...that was my moms deal...I can tell you that for 12 years she fought to get LCRA water or something better than that dictator could do...because once more houses showed up water started like thining out or something...she used to come home pretty pissed whenever they had the neighborhood meetings...I dont know if they are still doing them at that community church or not.

I wonder if which house you live in...Panorama is really short, I think only two houses on it...so that means you either live in the one with the old lady who lived with her son there...or my old math teachers house...Anyways, everyone I ever knew pretty much had moved out...

Old 12-12-2008, 10:52 PM

Hmm, there are quite a few houses on Panorama Dr. and most are pretty old. Our particular house is about 10 years old, we've been here a few years.

The neighborhood is weird. You have people driving around in Mercedes and people like me driving a little pickup. :P

I was just wondering some insight into the neighborhood, whatever you knew I guess. :P We moved here for more space/privacy a few years ago, with with only an acre, it's really not enough to get away from neighbors.

It's interesting to know about your mom's battles about the water. It's also amazing your parents have been here so long. I was thinking a while back that I bet this area used to be so tranquil, but there are so many people now that it's fairly busy around.

If you ever see a dude riding a black ATV around, it might be me!

Old 03-12-2009, 03:31 PM

1 posts, read 5,299 times
Default Water rate increase

Is anyone else mad about the proposed water rate increase from Deer Creek Water Supply, Co? The notice says we can write a letter of protest to TCEQ, I've already drafted mine, am I the only one???? A 70% rate increase in a matter of two months? Are you kidding me!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 4,463 times
My understanding is that a reduced water rate has been approved, as well as a incremental repaying of the overcharging. However, the owner of the company has left the country, and will pull any trick to avoid complying with the court order.

Regarding deed restrictions, does anyone know about livestock restrictions, people living full time in travel trailers in someone's backyard, and dedicated power meters for shared well properties? All issues we are dealing with - not sure where to go for help...

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin