Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2015, 08:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,058 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! I just moved into Cedar Park and I am looking for a house church. Essentially just a small group of Christians worshiping together in someone's home. Does anyone know of anything like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 07:15 PM

554 posts, read 745,727 times
Sarahraddi ...

While it's been a few years since I attended there, I know that "Shenandoah Baptist Church" [Home - Shenandoah Baptist Church] is a very friendly and caring group of Christian folks. They're a smaller congregation, and very-much a Family.

Give 'em a try, and tell 'em ol' Brother Tom Chard said to say "Howdy"!

Old 05-26-2015, 10:07 AM

68 posts, read 91,554 times
Join a real church led by a qualified pastor. Home churches are a great place for bad doctrine, fundamentalism, and dysfunction to take root, since there's no leadership, governance, or pastoral training.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:10 PM

24 posts, read 50,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanAgain15 View Post
Join a real church led by a qualified pastor. Home churches are a great place for bad doctrine, fundamentalism, and dysfunction to take root, since there's no leadership, governance, or pastoral training.
And does this not happen in "institutional" church? Perhaps we should all be more like the Bereans, searching the Scriptures, and not so dependent on "professional clergy".

Old 07-10-2015, 11:58 PM

50 posts, read 78,004 times
Hill Country Bible Church
They have 2 locations near you, one on 620 near 183, the other in Brushy Creek. Large church but they have lots of small groups classes that meet at someone's home.

Old 07-12-2015, 02:55 PM

24 posts, read 50,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by W&AE View Post
Hill Country Bible Church
They have 2 locations near you, one on 620 near 183, the other in Brushy Creek. Large church but they have lots of small groups classes that meet at someone's home.

That sounds really nice! Doesn't Scripture say the early Christians went from house to house? Isn't "given to hospitality" a requirement for church leaders? What a fantastic opportunity to really get to know others and disciple one another. So many times in an "institutional" church setting, one does not really get to know others beyond the superficial. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to knock church buildings. However, I commend Hill Country Bible Church for reaching out in a hospitable way. No better way to feel welcome or to get to know someone than to be invited into their home! No better way to serve one another than by showing hospitality. I guess it worked for the early church which spread like wildfire! Maybe our churches today would not be on the decline if more followed these same principles.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:34 PM

3,804 posts, read 6,173,875 times
Hill Country is not a house church. It is a nice place but not even remotely similar to what the topic creator is asking about.

Infortunately, I cannot help you topic creator.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:28 AM

50 posts, read 78,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Hill Country is not a house church. It is a nice place but not even remotely similar to what the topic creator is asking about.

Infortunately, I cannot help you topic creator.
That's why I said it is a large church, LARGE. However the small group classes that meet are exactly that, small groups meeting at someone's home or a restaurant, anywhere, and learning together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin