Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 10:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,291 times

Advertisements

I am contemplating between circle c communities like avana and grey rock with Highpointe. I like the amenities and floor plans at Highpointe better than at greyrock. Any comments from anyone living at Highpointe. Whats the HOA and utilities like on a 3000 sqft home. Whats the future resale value compared to circle c?

Any additional inputs are appreciated #firsthome
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2016, 07:46 AM

25 posts, read 24,159 times
Circle C home (3,005 sq ft) HOA Fee is $585/mandatory/annually

Highpointe home (2,957 sq ft) HOA Fee is $220/mandatory/quarterly

Old 08-16-2016, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 2,291 times
Oh, Thanks. What does the HOA include for it to charge so much.
considering the water is part of MUD district, what can I expect for water, gas and electric city?

Old 08-17-2016, 07:33 AM

25 posts, read 24,159 times
I'm going to go out on a limp and guess that 40% of your dues would go towards paying HOA employees. I think Circle C is in the Pedernales Electric, here is the rating info.

You can also browse around on the Circle C HOA website, where another percentage of your dues goes towards.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:28 AM

1,825 posts, read 2,829,120 times
We lived in Avana for three years. $585 annually is not really that much for an Austin master plan community. That gets you into all the Circle C pools and covers landscaping for a pretty big area.

I wouldn't make the decision based on a few hundred bucks a year. Circle C is a huge community. You are more "in Austin" than Highpointe (though Avana is about as far South from Austin as you can get and still be at all "in Austin"). It's established, your (very good) schools are going to be close by, and resale will be stable if not stronger since Circle C isn't going anywhere. Having said that, when we sold (in late 2015) there were a ton of people taking advantage of the market growth and while we still did pretty well, there was a lot of supply and it took a couple months. In any other market that wouldn't even be noteworthy but there are parts of town where stuff sells in a weekend.

I also wouldn't want to commute into Austin from Highpointe. Your dollar will go farther there but I think I'd sooner live there if I wanted to be near Dripping Springs than if I had much to do in Austin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: