Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2017, 05:46 PM

5,867 posts, read 11,928,737 times

Advertisements

I went to Central Market today and there were signs out front saying Zingers Closing. Anyone have any information on this? Their website didn't have anything. It was late and I didn't have time to check it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2017, 06:50 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Noooooo!!!! I LOVE Zingers!

Old 11-03-2017, 07:47 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,955,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlady View Post
I went to Central Market today and there were signs out front saying Zingers Closing. Anyone have any information on this? Their website didn't have anything. It was late and I didn't have time to check it out.
I don't know anything more about it, but I am surprised they lasted this long at such a pricey location with a bad parking situation. They never seemed to have many customers in there when I'd visit. I really liked that place and am sad to see it go.

Old 11-03-2017, 08:03 PM

20,958 posts, read 45,410,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Tex View Post
I don't know anything more about it, but I am surprised they lasted this long at such a pricey location with a bad parking situation. They never seemed to have many customers in there when I'd visit. I really liked that place and am sad to see it go.
I didn't go in that often, but every time I did they were crowded. Must be time of day.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:06 PM

1,477 posts, read 7,911,038 times
I was in there a few weeks ago and noticed that the shelves weren’t as well stocked as usual and kind and f wondered what was going on. I’m sad to see them gon it was a fun place to shop.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:59 AM

1,073 posts, read 2,095,314 times
I shopped there a couple weeks ago with my daughter, and I didn't notice any signs or empty shelves. But as someone else mentioned, the store is always empty when I go. LOVE Zingers, though. I'd hate to see it go, so say it ain't so...

Old 11-06-2017, 12:35 PM

5,867 posts, read 11,928,737 times
It seems they will still be available online but are closing the brick and mortar store. They have everything discounted 20% right now, which for most items wasn't that great of a bargain for me. I admit that I didn't shop there much after they moved from Anderson Lane mostly because it wasn't a convenient location (neither is Central market but sometimes it warranted the trip). I'll be curious to see if their discount goes up closer to closing. They carried some really nice merchandise but too rich for my pocketbook!

Old 11-06-2017, 03:53 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
I've had 20% off coupons to Zingers on occasion and never could find a 'deal' that was better than I could get elsewhere. It was like shopping at an upscale ACE Hardware, price-wise. Kind of a Smith & Hawken General Store. Oh, well...another one bites the dust.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:01 AM

7,228 posts, read 16,105,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
I've had 20% off coupons to Zingers on occasion and never could find a 'deal' that was better than I could get elsewhere. It was like shopping at an upscale ACE Hardware, price-wise. Kind of a Smith & Hawken General Store. Oh, well...another one bites the dust.
They had a pretty long run! Maybe 15 years at all their locations?

I also preferred the Anderson Road location even though it was farther from me. I bet that the Treehouse ate their lunch when it comes to the high-end hardware market! And I don't think the Breed & Co loyalists ever switched over.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:35 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,555,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by centralaustinite View Post
They had a pretty long run! Maybe 15 years at all their locations?

I also preferred the Anderson Road location even though it was farther from me. I bet that the Treehouse ate their lunch when it comes to the high-end hardware market! And I don't think the Breed & Co loyalists ever switched over.
I think it's particularly tough when dealing with higher-markup items that don't require a certain degree of expertise to sell. For example, WoodCraft sells woodworking tools that demand a skill level from the seller and the user(or can benefit from a certain level of craftsmanship when buying, selling and choosing)...but, you wouldn't go there for a standard hand-saw or hammer(unless you like paying MSRP).

There are fewer and fewer "exclusives" out there, nearly everything is available from multiple vendors at competitive prices. Add that to crazy high rents and it's a recipe for going out of business...sad to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin