Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2007, 12:16 AM

7 posts, read 42,758 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am a 36 year old single woman, with one daughter, age 15. I am thinking about moving from CA once she graduates. I am a Registered Nurse with 3 years of expirence, and I am interested in moving to an area with affordable housing (even though my daughter will be off at college, I would still like to buy a home), a fun area for a single person in their late 30's and early 40's. And even find a nice divorced man with no minor children in his mid 40s, and Also, I would like to find an area that pays its nurses well.

California pays their nurses the best for the Nation, but with housing costs so high, they could pay me $150k a year, and it wouldnt matter, nice homes here in decent areas are about $800K and only going up. However, I dont want to work for $40K, I have a BSN and I have heard horror stories about nursing wages in Texas being rock bottom. If I could make the same as a waitress, why put up with the nonsense and stress of having someones life in my hands?

Does a place like this exist in Texas? I am pretty conservative politically, so it would be a nice change from the mess that is Mexifornia, and with more and more illegals making a run for the border, state income taxes will have to rise and I am not prepared to pay more than the 9.3% state income tax we have now. I wont have a child in the school system, but I suppose school systems matter, as good schools usually follow low crime and better neighborhoods.

I have considered Phoenix, but what an UGLY town, and not too far behind CA prices.....

My email is CWilson555@aol.com, please feel free to email me there, as well as here.

Thanks,

Carolyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin