Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 09:24 AM

2 posts, read 9,579 times

Advertisements

We are a young family (30's) moving to the Bee Cave area with our 1 year old. We have lived in Naples and need help in finding the "best" in the area for-

1. Dentist
2. Catholic church
3. Pediatrican
4. Gyn
5. Family Dr.
6. Private Day Care School

We are very picky...we like to have Dr.'s from John Hopkins, Boston College, Tufts, etc. And, like very new and clean offices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 12:37 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,801,403 times
I'm moving to Bee Cave in February and have an 11 month old, so she'll be about 15 months when we move there. Good luck with daycares. I was there three weeks ago doing my daycare interviews. Doctor interviews are in a couple of weeks... Unless you want the Montesori school, there are only two daycares in the area, Primrose and Kids R Kids. I chose Kids R Kids hands down to the Primrose as it was dirty and smelly when I walked in, to which they sais, "we usually give tours in the mornings"... oh, why? because it's clean in the morning?

Anyway, all the church daycares are like Mother's Day Out programs where they're from 9-1 or 9-2, and those hours don't work for me. I've got a friend who works for insurance claims, so I got some doctor referrals from her, but until I interview them, I don't have a recommendation. I also received the same names from the owner of the daycare I chose.

Which neighborhood are you moving to?

Old 10-25-2008, 12:50 PM

I will correct myself, there is one other daycare, Julie's something, but they only take kids 2 years and up, so it's not an option.

Old 10-26-2008, 06:34 PM

15 posts, read 37,424 times
We go to Lakepoint Dental and really like it. Lake Pointe Dental - Richard Butcher D.D.S. Cosmetic and Family Dentistry Austin, TX Both dentists there are UT grads, don't know if it really matters.

If you ever need a dermatologist, West Lake Dermatology on Bee Cave is fabulous, beautiful clean modern office, and I see Piper Allen, my husband sees Lisa Rhodes. Fraxelâ„¢ Austin Texas, Mesotherapy,Plasma Resurfacing,Titanâ„¢, Cosmetic Surgery & Dermatology

Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM

2 posts, read 9,579 times
Hi FalconHeadWest, Sorry...I am new to this website. I am not sure which neighborhood yet...we looked in Spanish Oaks and Belvedere. We don't have anything set in stone living wise. We were going to buy, but we are waiting for our property here in Naples to sell. I think we will just lease until that sells. Where are you moving? Keep me posted on the Dr.'s.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Newbee View Post
Hi FalconHeadWest, Sorry...I am new to this website. I am not sure which neighborhood yet...we looked in Spanish Oaks and Belvedere. We don't have anything set in stone living wise. We were going to buy, but we are waiting for our property here in Naples to sell. I think we will just lease until that sells. Where are you moving? Keep me posted on the Dr.'s.
We're building in Falconhead West at 620 and 71. The house should be ready end of February or early March. We're supposed to have a slab by the end of this week.

We're going to be in Austin next week, and I have two pediatrician interviews scheduled, and a third will be the first week of December. I'm meeting with Dr. Adeni whose office is at Lakeway and 620 and Dr. Elaine Hamilton whose office is at Bee Cave and 360. The third is Dr. Angelyn Tarrant whose office is at Bee Cave and close to Barton Creek (it's next door to where my office will be so I thought that was convenient). The owner at Kids R Kids highly recommended Dr. Adeni as many of the familes at the daycare speak highly of her, however, she takes her own kids to Dr. Hamilton as she's known her for years...

I did find another daycare that I didn't find on the state's site, or completely overlooked, but it's Children's Center of Austin. Even though I'm pretty set on Kids R Kids, I'm still going to check this one out next week also. It's fairly close to where my office will be, though I work from home so that's not too important. Prices are the same, but they also have drop-in daycare at $10 an hour as long as you call ahead. So if I do just Tuesday and Thursday, but need daycare on a Wednesday, I could just drop her off. $10 an hour seems pricey, but for the convenience, it might be good. Like I said, I'll check them out next week.

Last edited by Trainwreck20; 01-23-2009 at 07:49 AM..

Old 10-30-2008, 09:38 PM

3 posts, read 13,109 times
We moved to the area around Bee Cave Rd. & Barton Creek Blvd. in June and were looking for some of the same things. Dr. Tarrant was recommended to us by a local friend, and we have been quite happy with her. Our child attends Children's Center of Austin on Bee Cave Rd., and that has worked out well too. The facilities are very nice, he has a new teacher who's very good, and we like the director. We did have a bad experience at another daycare in the general vicinity - I can provide more details in a private message. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Newbee View Post
We are a young family (30's) moving to the Bee Cave area with our 1 year old. We have lived in Naples and need help in finding the "best" in the area for-

1. Dentist
2. Catholic church
3. Pediatrican
4. Gyn
5. Family Dr.
6. Private Day Care School

We are very picky...we like to have Dr.'s from John Hopkins, Boston College, Tufts, etc. And, like very new and clean offices.

Old 12-10-2008, 09:05 PM

6 posts, read 13,606 times
Default best

I just moved to Beecave as well. I live in Falconhead West. If your looking for a Nail Tech. I offer my services! I have been doing them for 15 years and I am now looking for a salon to work out here. You'll love BeeCave. Its a great area! My kids are to big for daycare services. But I too am looking for a the best Dentist!! When you get ahold of one, plz let me know.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:48 AM

6 posts, read 17,128 times
Saw your post and was wondering if you had moved to Austin yet. I'm searching for pediatricians and other docs in the Westlake/BeeCaves area, too and was wondering if you had tried any of the pediatricians? Which one did you choose?

We moved from Miami but love Naples. I hope you were able to sell your house.

For Catholic churches we go to St. John Neumann on the corner of BeeCaves and Red Bud Trail. They're in a temporary worship space while the new church gets built but they have a lot of ministries and programs. The parishioners are very active. There's also St. Catherine of Sienna further south and St. Austin's next to the UT campus.

Good luck to you and I hope you like living here. If you go down Red Bud Trail toward Lake Austin Blvd. you'll pass Red Bud Isle across from the dam. It's a great place to take the kids and the dog to hang out and stick your toes in the lake. A lot of people bring their dogs there and you'll see a lot of kayakers on the water. Never seen a misbehaving dog there. It's a great place.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:38 AM

743 posts, read 1,371,302 times
I know Dr. Adeni personally and she is fabulous. Dr. Hamilton is great too, very thorough. I don't know the other doctor.

For Catholic churches, St. Thomas More is on 620 and is well regarded. Also, St. John Neumann is at Bee Cave Rd & Red Bud and is a very strong parish. They are breaking ground on the new church in March.

I love our ped dentist but he is too far from that area. Don't have one to recommend close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin