Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2007, 07:49 AM

107 posts, read 690,021 times

Advertisements

Hi we are relocating to this area from florida this summer. I am a teacher and trying to get a job in this area but even though there are openings and i'm sending my info im not hearing anything my hubby thinks its because we dont have a local address but we definatly will in the next month or so but i'm trying to get a job for next year (august) now. does anyone know if theres any way to geta po box or anything in austin without living there? thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2007, 07:52 AM

575 posts, read 2,496,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom2 View Post
Hi we are relocating to this area from florida this summer. I am a teacher and trying to get a job in this area but even though there are openings and i'm sending my info im not hearing anything my hubby thinks its because we dont have a local address but we definatly will in the next month or so but i'm trying to get a job for next year (august) now. does anyone know if theres any way to geta po box or anything in austin without living there? thanks
Are you applying for public schools? If so, do you have your Texas Teacher Certification? Since you are the teacher, you probably have a higher knowledge level on this, but my wife has a teaching degree from a foreign country, and she is having to get certified.

Old 05-09-2007, 07:53 AM

i have a florida teacher certificate and its in the process of being accepted by texas cert. i applied for that on 4/12 and it takes at least 30 days. but I put on all my resumes that i have applied for the texas certification

Old 05-09-2007, 09:18 AM

15,269 posts, read 35,642,308 times
I don't know how it works now days, but the school district used to be notoriously slow at filling positions. They would wait as late as possible to see which teachers were not coming back (or were) and also try to get a good idea of where the new students would be appearing.

Old 05-09-2007, 10:57 AM

1,207 posts, read 6,280,713 times
Definitely apply in the Leander ISD if you can. They are opening two new elementaries in the fall and really need teachers.

Old 05-09-2007, 04:03 PM

I teach middle school/high school. i'm just very confused why i dotn hear back fromt hem i have great letters of recomendations great credintals and have applied but heard nothing is it b/c i'm not there yet??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: