Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2010, 12:52 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,901,602 times

Advertisements

This is news to me. The Sunset Valley farmers market has moved to Barton Creek Mall? When did this happen?

Barton Creek Farmers Market | Austin, Texas

It's nice that it is closer to me, but I feel bad for all those people in South Austin that really cared for and used the farmers market. Seems like moving it to Barton Creek would result in a different clientele. At least the view should be nice.

Looking at this page, it seems as though some part of the farmers market (or a new one) will still be located in Sunset Valley.. The Sustainable Food Center market:
SFC Farmers’ Market at Sunset Valley « Sustainable Food Center

I had no idea about the farmer's market shake up... anyone know what the deal was? Is it due to the rules changing in Austin about hot food vendors at farmer's markets?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2010, 02:08 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,576,751 times
Seemed pretty win-win-ish to me when I saw the news last week on TV. The new location for the 'old' market will most certainly result in a new clientele and those who don't want to make the trip will still have the 'new' set-up in the old location. The only danger might be confusion at first and the slim chance of over-saturating the general area with local goods. Gotta think there's enough business to go around, provided folks don't get greedy or lazy.

Old 03-29-2010, 06:52 PM

291 posts, read 801,573 times
For me, it's easier to get the Barton Creek Mall, so I will frequent the newly located FM much more than in its previous location.

I think there will be plusses and minuses to each location, so it's probably a wash!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: