Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 01:15 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinitelookingtohelp View Post
In my past, I have always just brought my keys with my towel, etc and placed the keys under my stuff in a pile. Never had anything stolen to date, but maybe I am just too trusting.
I tried that once at the beach. I put my keys way down into the toe of one shoe. My wallet in the other. Towel on top. But someone stole my shoes and left the towel and I don't know how long they were gone because I could see the towel the whole time and so I thought everything was fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 01:22 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,863,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
believe me--it is possible to steal stuff out of those open-weave lockers--
put your cell phone and any valuables like your billfold in the trunk of your car and use a safety pin to pin them into the bottom of your pants pocket before you put your clothes into the basket---
might sound like overkill but you might be surprised at how easy it is to get into one of those wire baskets...
even if they are locked
You never want to leave anything important in your car. (phone, wallet, other keys) If your car gets stolen all of that goes with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: