Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 PM

19 posts, read 38,589 times

Advertisements

Could someone please tell me which neighborhoods in the Bee Cave area have community pools? If you live in this area, what are the pros/cons? We are coming out to look at houses etc, in July, our budget will be around $500,000-$600,000....

We are definitely interested in this area and have heard good things about Bee Cave. Plus we've heard the LTSD is good as well...any info...thanks!

Jenn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2011, 08:18 AM

7,244 posts, read 21,818,804 times
Bee Cave has three communities, Falconhead, Falconhead West, and The Upland's gated community. Neither FH nor FHW have pools. I've never been within the gates of the Uplands but have heard they have a pool. That's going to be out of your price range though...

Many people consider Lake Pointe to be "in" Bee Cave, though it's not, but it does have a community pool along with an elementary school right on sight.

The area is nice and small, but growing. I don't care for the apartments they're going to build right across the street from FH as it might raise our property taxes when more kids are brought into the system and not paying taxes because they aren't property owners.

Old 06-01-2011, 09:27 AM

970 posts, read 1,873,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennwithtwins+1 View Post
Could someone please tell me which neighborhoods in the Bee Cave area have community pools? If you live in this area, what are the pros/cons? We are coming out to look at houses etc, in July, our budget will be around $500,000-$600,000....

We are definitely interested in this area and have heard good things about Bee Cave. Plus we've heard the LTSD is good as well...any info...thanks!

Jenn
Jenn,

I'd still look at Senna Hills and Barton Creek West, both of which are in Eanes ISD. I believe both have neighborhood pools. My only concern is there is not much around (commercially) that area, so you would always be driving west into Bee Cave, or east toward Westlake to shop, bank, etc.

Might want to look into Lake Pointe which (if not in Bee Cave) is close to Bee Cave, and the same with the Ridge at Alta Vista.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:36 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,187,630 times
Lakepointe has a nice community pool and homes ranging from $350 and up past the OP's range.

Lakeway (I know not Bee Cave but still in the same general area) also has a nice community pool with a sand volleball court and a dedicated skateboard park.

West Austin Aquatic Club on Bee Caves Rd. at Patterson Ln has three outdoor pools - membership required but it is open year round.

Nitro Swimming is a competitive focused facility that just opened. They have an indoor 50 meter pool, with many swimming programs including lessons.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconheadWest View Post
Bee Cave has three communities, Falconhead, Falconhead West, and The Upland's gated community. Neither FH nor FHW have pools. I've never been within the gates of the Uplands but have heard they have a pool. That's going to be out of your price range though...

Many people consider Lake Pointe to be "in" Bee Cave, though it's not, but it does have a community pool along with an elementary school right on sight.

The area is nice and small, but growing. I don't care for the apartments they're going to build right across the street from FH as it might raise our property taxes when more kids are brought into the system and not paying taxes because they aren't property owners.
But the owners of the apartments pay property taxes, which are then essentially passed on to renters as part of the rent. I assume these property taxes are substantial.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:53 AM

16,787 posts, read 49,083,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
But the owners of the apartments pay property taxes, which are then essentially passed on to renters as part of the rent. I assume these property taxes are substantial.
I was just going to say the same thing. An apartment complex would be paying a huge amount of property tax, all covered by the renters there. Many of whom have no kids in school.

Last edited by CptnRn; 06-01-2011 at 01:06 PM..

Old 06-01-2011, 02:14 PM

7,244 posts, read 21,818,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
To an extent, as many people are given tax breaks to bring housing and businesses into certain areas... I'm not saying this is true for this complex, but it's a possibility.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
To an extent, as many people are given tax breaks to bring housing and businesses into certain areas... I'm not saying this is true for this complex, but it's a possibility.
Respectfully, you are speculating on something and there isn't any public information to say this happened. I'm not aware of any concessions made by LTISD to anyone since I've lived in this area (1985). I am fairly confident Bee Cave gave sales tax incentives to the developers of the Hill Country Galleria. But no property tax incentives.

It would be interesting to see the ratio of children to households in these apartments. I have never seen any data, but instinctively I think that apartments are typically rented by singles and couples in areas like Bee Cave. Yes there are some families, but compared to an area like Lakepointe, apartments will have fewer families than a typical subdivision.

Old 06-01-2011, 10:02 PM

59 posts, read 218,846 times
Although this community is not in Bee Cave per se (it has an Austin address - the public school district is Lake Travis School District) their are plans on building a community pool this summer. I heard it will be finished in Aug/Sept timeframe. The community is called Rocky Creek. It is a fairly new community, but it is really booming! They have sold many lots already with many new construction going on. It is in phase one now, phase two may be coming next year they are doing so well. There are 2 builders there: Highland Homes (my personal recommendation) and Drees Homes. Most of the home prices range from the $400,000-500,000. Some of the lots have views and the lot widths are either 70, 80, or 110.

You may want to take a look at Rocky Creek when you come to visit this summer. You will probably like it. It has much more of a "hill country" feel than FH, FHW, or Uplands I think. It is located about 8 minutes from the new Galleria in Bee Cave.

Old 06-02-2011, 10:35 AM

3,981 posts, read 6,739,779 times
Quote:
Most of the time incentives are for retail and commercial, because they are better generators of tax revenue in relation to the cost of serving them, compared to residential building......And if any group should be complaining about taxation with direct benefits it should be those of us who don't have children with half our property taxes going to ISDs.

And now that I think about renters pay more for the same valuation as they (and the company that owns the complex) are not eligible for the homestead exemption.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
View detailed profiles of: