Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 12:07 AM

21 posts, read 59,523 times

Advertisements

I'm bummed there is no Homegoods in Austin. Is there any other store in town comparable? I used to love shopping there for the deals back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2009, 01:04 PM

844 posts, read 2,020,957 times
Me too! I moved here from Cincinnati and used to frequent my Homegoods a lot! I actually think Homegoods is owned by the same folks who run T.J. Maxx and Marshall's so I generally find the same kinds of items in the home sections of those stores. Another place to go is Steinmart, but I find it's not nearly as inexpensive.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:13 PM

477 posts, read 1,581,574 times
Try Hobby Lobby.

Old 04-11-2009, 07:33 AM

509 posts, read 1,545,053 times
I'm a huge fan too and was disappointed to hear they're not in Austin. I looked on their website, and they have locations in Houston and San Antonio, in case you're ever there. My local Marshall's just remodeled and they added a new Homegoods next door - maybe that's in their future plans.
HomeGoods Retail Store Locator: Find a home goods store location (http://www.homegoods.com/city_list.aspx?state=TX - broken link)

Old 04-11-2009, 08:38 AM

21 posts, read 59,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CATXTransplant View Post
Try Hobby Lobby.
Thanks! I'll go there today.

Old 04-11-2009, 09:57 AM

216 posts, read 996,459 times
How about Ikea? It's huge and has loads of homewares as well as everything else.

Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 AM

Have you ever tried Garden Ridge? I looked on their website and there's one in South Austin. I don't like their merchandise as much as Home Goods, but their prices are good.
Garden Ridge Store Locator Details

Old 05-06-2010, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 5,114 times
hey as you just mentioned that a remodelled marshalls has a home good store.. can you tell me which Marshall's is it.. i would love to go check out the stuff there.. I love Homegoods and too bad they don't have one in Austin. Also the marshall's near my home isnt that good.. they don't have much stuff atall

Old 05-06-2010, 10:59 AM

Default Homegoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramanujam.vidya View Post
hey as you just mentioned that a remodelled marshalls has a home good store.. can you tell me which Marshall's is it.. i would love to go check out the stuff there.. I love Homegoods and too bad they don't have one in Austin. Also the marshall's near my home isnt that good.. they don't have much stuff atall
Sorry, I'm in Pennsylvania. There was a Homegoods along with a Marshall's when I lived in north Texas a couple of years ago, so maybe it will come to Austin eventually. I did email the company and they said that they did not have any immediate plans to add Homegoods stores to the Marshall's there. It's a shame, I think they would do really well in Austin.

Old 07-10-2010, 08:35 AM

3 posts, read 10,635 times
Default HomeGoods

I also wish there was a HomeGoods store here in Austin. Yesterday I went to the HomeGoods store in San Antonio which is over 90 miles away. But I had a blast... such fun to pick up on terrific bargains! I even applied for a Master Card rewards card that will earn you points at Marshalls, TJMaxx and HomeGoods stores. And on first use, you'll save 10% at one of these stores. Because it's a Master Card, you'll also get points anytime you use the card for purchases elsewhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Austin