Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 08:54 AM

2,811 posts, read 5,627,270 times

Advertisements

To answer a question asked earlier, the Target stores here in the US are not open 24 hours. Generally they close at 9PM or 10PM each night.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2010, 09:42 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
my right wing nut job friends also pan Walmart when they'r enot wearing their tin foil hats. And last I checked US Air and Qantas don't have a partnershp so they really weren't lazy re your luggage. Airlines aren't obligated to take your luggage to a connecting lflight, unless they're code sharing. Qantas did not take my luggage to Jetblue for my domestic leg from JFK.. I didn't expect them to as they're not travel partners.
My bag was checked all the way through to Auckland. Just because the airlines are not code share partners doesn't mean anything if your bag is checked all the way through.

Old 12-27-2010, 08:30 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
My bag was checked all the way through to Auckland. Just because the airlines are not code share partners doesn't mean anything if your bag is checked all the way through.
well you must be special. qantas sent my luggage to Jfk and would not check it in with jetblue for my domestic flight. their reason was jetblue was not a codeshare. also for security purposes thye could not check me into my final destination and one has to check in with luggage in person to final destination.

Last edited by minibrings; 12-27-2010 at 09:26 PM..

Old 12-28-2010, 09:09 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,578,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manygeese View Post
Does it. (look similar.) A visitor from Wyoming once said around here (the Wimmera of Victoria) reminded her of Texas. So there you go.

Very curious as to what street you would find at Riachella, though. It's just a locality. Few farms and a disused tennis court.

(I was going to try to use google street view but the kids have used up this month broadband and we are now shaped. To hard to download graphics.)

Texas looks pretty spick and span. Ah, the dream of travel.
Once I saw how small the town was, I just hopped around the countryside seeing what it looked like. It reminded me of the landscape around where I live: very flat farmland and few trees. However, trees aren't even native here on the High Plains, and it looks like most of the land in that part of Victoria is cleared, so the area around Dallas is probably a better comparison. I've run into a couple of Aussies here (either going to college or working in the cotton industry), and they have said that it looks similar to many parts of the Murray-Darling Basin. Look at the resemblance:

This is about 30 minutes outside of my city (in the winter):
Google Maps

This is a place I found in NSW:
Google Maps

Old 12-28-2010, 10:47 PM

10,782 posts, read 8,729,295 times
American shopping centre parking lots are also designed better. Bigger with more room down the lanes. Here, they cram cars into narrow spots and the lanes between rows are also too narrow, making it awkward to get in and out of spots. Lots of inconvenient curbing as well - probably to try to restrict cretins from hooning around - but it makes it a pain for shoppers.

I can't believe all the scratches & dents on our car from parking lots! I try to park in end spots so I only expose one side, even if it means a long walk, but my car is still a mess.

Old 12-29-2010, 12:43 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,068,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichel View Post
American shopping centre parking lots are also designed better. Bigger with more room down the lanes. Here, they cram cars into narrow spots and the lanes between rows are also too narrow, making it awkward to get in and out of spots. Lots of inconvenient curbing as well - probably to try to restrict cretins from hooning around - but it makes it a pain for shoppers.

I can't believe all the scratches & dents on our car from parking lots! I try to park in end spots so I only expose one side, even if it means a long walk, but my car is still a mess.
I believe most accidents occur in shopping centre carparks. I've had a few close calls and I know about people scratching you and doing the dishonest thing. Some of these people can barely manouvre through carparks let alone on roads.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:32 PM

16 posts, read 24,654 times
Australia targets didn't have thing I was looking for that I would normally find in one place in the usa

Old 02-06-2012, 10:46 PM

3,187 posts, read 4,589,417 times
Target in Australia has less variety then Target in the US or even equivalent stores such as K-Mart and Big W in Australia.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:59 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,502,821 times
Coles Myer purchased the rights to use the Target Logo in Australia from the american corporation in 1968.

Outside the name and logo, Target Australia which is now owned by Wesfarmers has no relationship to the american company at all.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 02-06-2012 at 11:18 PM..

Old 02-07-2012, 09:06 PM

102 posts, read 166,995 times
I think the main difference between Target USA and Target Oz is the accents of the checkout operators!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand