Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2012, 11:55 PM

104 posts, read 138,027 times

Advertisements

I sometimes think that forums do nothing to further international understanding. Each country has pros and cons- you have to balance up what your own wishes do for you. Kiwis (and Aussies) are some of the most travelled people I've encountered. Most, but not all, come back after they've done their overseas thing. Both countries have relatively small populations so it's fun to swim in a bigger culture and most of us do, but most of us come back. I've never found a Kiwi or an Aussie who couldn't find a job overseas, my own kids included. One had a certificate in viticulture so she became a machine instructor in a plastics factory. The other work in an ice cream factory so he ran a motorcycle training school just outside of London. In Europe if your a bricklayer and there's no bricklaying - your unemployed. That doesn't apply to Kiwis or Aussies.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
More NZ Herald news;

Country Kiwis take off to Oz - National - NZ Herald News

Old 06-13-2012, 01:08 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
People shouldn't be thinking it's all hunky dory over there. It sounds like yabby attacks are on the increase, and the Aussie media are staying tight lipped about it.

A friend told me of a motor scooter sized yabby that attacked his boat. He thinks atomic radiation may be to blame.

Old 06-13-2012, 07:51 AM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
People shouldn't be thinking it's all hunky dory over there. It sounds like yabby attacks are on the increase, and the Aussie media are staying tight lipped about it.

A friend told me of a motor scooter sized yabby that attacked his boat. He thinks atomic radiation may be to blame.
There is no perfect place in the world, I think most people are aware of that fact. Australia offers a better lifestyle for many. And NZ has failed to address the issues causing people to leave, mainly the economy.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:44 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:

Can you provide a news Article for giant yabby attacks on humans. I did a google and nothing. Youd think someone would at least be discussing it.. This must be the latest incarnation of the drop koala fable
Or youre just taking the pss out on us.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:57 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minibrings View Post
Can you provide a news Article for giant yabby attacks on humans. I did a google and nothing. Youd think someone would at least be discussing it.. This must be the latest incarnation of the drop koala fable
Or youre just taking the pss out on us.
Well, my friend and I discussed it. It was an actual event that happened near Adelong, in NSW. I can't vouch for the size of it though, but I could hear the fear ( or something) in his voice. There was also an incident (bitten on the wrist) with a wallaby, although that couldn't be described as an unprovoked attack.

Old 06-17-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Well, my friend and I discussed it. It was an actual event that happened near Adelong, in NSW. I can't vouch for the size of it though, but I could hear the fear ( or something) in his voice. There was also an incident (bitten on the wrist) with a wallaby, although that couldn't be described as an unprovoked attack.
Well then he should call the news media to ivestigate. otherwise, its another yowie story

Old 06-24-2012, 04:34 PM

1,481 posts, read 2,159,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djuna View Post
Fed-up Kiwis head to Oz en masse - Business - NZ Herald News

The economy and poor standard of living is still a huge issue in New Zealand so it seems.
Are you NZ born ? those who run down NZ are mainly those born outside it's borders who spend time as a visitor here.

Old 06-24-2012, 04:42 PM

4,001 posts, read 6,272,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
Are you NZ born ? those who run down NZ are mainly those born outside it's borders who spend time as a visitor here.
Im 46 and spent the first 23 years of my life in NZ.

I run it down.

I've been back a few times and just hate what I see...obviously not the country itself, which is beautiful beyond compare...but the society.

I will never return. I hate what the place does to my loved ones who still live there. They live in poverty even though they have a great career. It seems like if you're not Maori, you're not important.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
I think the strategy of blaming others is one Hitler tried and failed. If this were true, how could kiwis with their superior 1 point IQ advantage have allowed this to happen. It reeks of xenophobia.

The real issue is perhaps back seat kiwis, those who left and do nothing more than whinge and find someone ELSE to blame for the failures of home. Its all shallow useless talk.

Last edited by minibrings; 06-24-2012 at 07:06 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand