Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 08:12 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCC_1 View Post
Err that's because they were put first on the ballot paper and they name is so similar to Liberal party they picked up Liberal votes. It's further evidence of why the senate electoral process is broken.
sounds like a complete nutjob too.
The senate is a mess..... they should never have been able to register with such a similar name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 08:43 PM

4,227 posts, read 4,892,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
The senate is a mess..... they should never have been able to register with such a similar name.
The Libs complained but the AEC said it was ok. I agree senate elections need serious work done on them to make them transparent and fair.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:33 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,679,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Battleneter View Post
Yea I get what your saying, its a shame disinformation can be so effective, the net is both a blessing and a curse.

We have a problem that requires addressing, its really no more dramatic than that. I didnt want to start posting links as it encourages counter links usually blogs with all sorts of half truths, but do you trust NASA?.

Climate Change: Evidence

Do me a favor, just read it through before you start looking for counter blogs

Fossil fuel usage has only gone ballistic in the last 50 or so years, like a house fire the seriousness of the problem may not be apparent to all until its too late (literally).

Another fun fact, in only 1900 there were only 1.6 billion humans on the planet, now its approaching 7 billion consuming resources, its scary so many don't "get it".
I could care less about Link Wars and whether my link is bigger than your link.

No I don't trust NASA. It's just a muslim outreach agency now, as deemed by the obama administration. It does nothing about nothing and has nothing to add.

The amount of fossil fuels burned in recent human history is a tiny infinitesimal amount of what is actually down there.

Even lets say that all the global cooling/global warming/climate change hysteria was true, passing massive tax increases and increasing bureaucracy and rules isn't going to change the climate. I've made that point all along and I'll make it again. What the weather does or doesn't do, some retarded tax is not going to change the weather. The debate has got nothing to do with global warming, true or false. It's all about city leftists thinking in their infinite wisdom they can part the clouds and adjust the earths temperature with a thermostat consisting of recycled coke cans and carbon taxes.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:53 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
This is purely assumption.
No, it was very much an unexpected result...with many saying they confused the Democratic Liberal Party with the Liberal Party.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:15 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,429 times
Quote:
Sounds like a "nutjob" how??

Old 09-15-2013, 11:21 PM

Quote:
This is purely assumption.
Yeah sure it is.

In NSW, where they appeared first on the BP they got 9% of the vote. In Victoria they got 0.10%. In Queensland they got 0.66%. In WA they got 3.44%. In SA they got 3.51%. In Tasmania they got 2.3% of the vote.

The result is bullsh!t and the result of the AEC allowing a party with a remarkably similar name on to the BP.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Err that's because they were put first on the ballot paper and they name is so similar to Liberal party they picked up Liberal votes. It's further evidence of why the senate electoral process is broken.
Quote:
No, it was very much an unexpected result...with many saying they confused the Democratic Liberal Party with the Liberal Party.
I suppose that's possible and can see how that could happen. The name is similar. However, I still lay blame at the voter then for not paying attention. A clear case of uninformed voters. Voters need to learn that paying attention to Politics only before an election is pointless.

Old 09-15-2013, 11:26 PM

Quote:
I suppose that's possible and can see how that could happen. The name is similar. However, I still lay blame at the voter then for not paying attention. A clear case of uninformed voters. Voters need to learn that paying attention to Politics only before an election is pointless.
The ballot paper is too big. It confuses people. In NSW, this elections BP was 1 metre wide.

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/08/30/...20-620x349.jpg

Old 09-16-2013, 12:09 AM

1,337 posts, read 1,948,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

The amount of fossil fuels burned in recent human history is a tiny infinitesimal amount of what is actually down there.

100% correct, but that's also a incredibly naive or I will be kind... a short statement.

The easily obtainable fossil fuel has now largely been extracted. Oil is becoming more difficult to extract thats not even up for debate, thus the price is rising faster than the longer term previous average. This price growth will continue to accelerate especially as Asia consumes a greater percentage of what is able to be produced.

A simple example of "Oil available on paper". Canada has huge oil sands reserves but the environmental impact of extracting it is beyond words, not even 30% can ever be extracted and god help us if it gets near that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post

No I don't trust NASA. It's just a muslim outreach agency now, as deemed by the obama administration. It does nothing about nothing and has nothing to add.

Well that answers that. I was under the impression there were 1000's of brilliant people still working there.

To really simplify the carbon tax, companies like $$ ( I think you will agree), and can save or make $$ by introducing more efficient processes or investing in green technologies, its all part of carbon trading. That's how a tax effects Carbon emissions.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
The ballot paper is too big. It confuses people. In NSW, this elections BP was 1 metre wide.

http://images.smh.com.au/2013/08/30/...20-620x349.jpg
Holy cow!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand