Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 PM

42 posts, read 262,762 times

Advertisements

I think Australia is the only country to pay you more whilst on holidays then you do actually sitting in the office. I recommend Australia to raise a family Canada for holidaying
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 01:04 PM

65 posts, read 181,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Look into New Zealand. There are skills shortages and I believe engineer is one of them. you get extra points for the skill in demand.

If you love sheep... go live in New Zealand.

Gold Coast in Queensland sposed to be a 'you beaut' spot to live.

But check out the NSW Central Coast and/or Newcastle, Hunter Valley, Port Stephens.

Old 09-20-2008, 04:47 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Don't even bother with the US unless you go via a work permit. They are not actively seeking immigrants, unlike Australia, NZ and Canada. do a google search though for real estate affordability, I read a study (published out of NZ) that showed many cities in Oz and NZ were ranked severely unaffordable and in Canada Vancouver and Calgary were the only ones rated as such. They were basing this on average income in the city and average house price.

Many migrants like Canada as it provides easy access to the US for visits. Also, once they have Canadian citizenship they can get a NAFTA visa to work in the US. There is a similar visa that the US provides for Aussies (only) to work in the US.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,134 times
And I also are a victim of a criminal robbery in 2004 in a multi- culture diversity immigration suburb in NSW. In the case of my injury are related to the criminal in bag snatch; violate to the woman and children as I were a Full-Time School Student; and the important matter is I were holding a Permanent Visa with my Oversea Passports. That mean I am a foreigner and a foreigner who met the crime and had been hurt by the robbers. This traumas are serious that me, the victim need to send into the hospital and for the surgery, also need to met the psychology therapy. It affected the grow up of a Full-Time School Student. It affect a foreigner. I am feeling disappointed. The struggle did not stop and the people always give me troubles and the letter now I sent to other parties/department are missing. In fact, I am very upset and I want to let the people know.

Old 02-26-2009, 09:42 PM

279 posts, read 673,976 times
There is no way you can legitimately migrate to the USA without a work visa which you need to be sponsored for by an employer. The only other way is to get a diversity visa, but only if you are from a countly that is eligable and then it's all luck, it's a lottery draw. I'm Australian and have just been through all this. Started trying to get a sponsored work visa through employers, (and I've got a Phd in engineering) and still couldn't get an employer to offer me work or to sponsor me.
So then I tried the diversity visa and to much amazement I was picked (one out of 599 that were reserved for Australia). I believe other countries have much higher entrant numbers and therefore their chances of being picked are not as good. It took me a year to go through their system and had one step to go, the American Embassy interview. I also had about $3000 costs to pay (visa costs, medicals, airfares to Sydney for interview, etc). During this time I had travelled to the USA a few times and actually met a wondefull girl and we got married. So I scrapped my diversity visa application, saved myself $3000 and in the final process of migrating through my spouse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Australia and New Zealand