Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 04:43 PM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Since you are obviously not a NASCAR fan what is your point in posting here?

Go over to the football forum and make excuses for the jerks in the NFL.
So everyone in the NFL is a jerk now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2011, 09:16 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Not too far into the past NASCAR drivers were commonly criticized for being emotionless & dull; Mark Martin & Dale Jarrett were the worst offenders in this category. Now drivers get chastised for showing emotion.
Of course should you be the good ol' boy favorite you can say what you like as you will be "telling it like it is."
I propose NASCAR form a 100 member-fan based-super committee whose primary responsibilty will be to vote which interviews will be allowed to be aired.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:46 PM

1,710 posts, read 3,139,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post

Rumor has it that Addington is going to Stewart-Haas.
I sure hope not I'd like to see Addington chief for BK. I've been saying it for years now, Keslowski is one hell of a wheelman IMO and will win a Cup Championship before Kyle will.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:57 AM

1,035 posts, read 1,397,716 times
Good point WFW&P. Furthermore,if showing emotion is so bad, then why is it TV ratings triple or even quadrouple for a golf tournament when Tiger Woods plays in it compared to the tournaments he doesn't play in? Tiger spits, curses, and has thrown a club or two. If getting pissed is so bad why are people tuning in not turning off when it comes to Tiger?

Old 11-27-2011, 07:24 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertrucker212 View Post
So everyone in the NFL is a jerk now?
Yes glad you picked up on that as a matter of fact not just football but baseball, hockey, tennis, golf, badminton, chess, marbles every player is a jerk and if I have could not be more implicit every fan is a jerk too.

So glad you straighten me out.

Old 11-27-2011, 08:55 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Not too far into the past NASCAR drivers were commonly criticized for being emotionless & dull; Mark Martin & Dale Jarrett were the worst offenders in this category. Now drivers get chastised for showing emotion.
Of course should you be the good ol' boy favorite you can say what you like as you will be "telling it like it is."
I propose NASCAR form a 100 member-fan based-super committee whose primary responsibilty will be to vote which interviews will be allowed to be aired.
There's a huge difference between showing emotion and being a rude and arrogant asswipe.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:17 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
If I were the parents of Kurt and Kyle I would be questioning what I did so terribly wrong raising my boys! Both of these guys have some big time problems. I'm sure Kurt treated his soon to be x-wife the same way he treated Dr. Jerry Punch here or probably even worse--and she won't even get her share of what they own--Kurt made sure of that. Of all the people in the garage area Dr. Jerry Punch is one of the most respected--he has been around for a very long time--saved lives at the track and is very respected by everyone--except Kurt it seems! Both the Bush boys need a good psychological evaluation and then perhaps to be comitted!

Old 11-27-2011, 09:25 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Emotions are fine! Come on---you do see the difference here right?
This is a family sport! Sure swearing may be an emotion--the emotion of an uneducated ignorant person maybe that can't figure out any other way to react! Let them jump up and down and pound their fists but I sure don't want to hear his foul mouth nor do I want my children to hear it! I know it happens and I can understand that and even deal with it at times--but this is the norm for Kurt and it gets old fast!

Old 11-28-2011, 01:13 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times
Guess it's official now...

Stewart announces Addington as crew chief

Old 11-28-2011, 03:35 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,565,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
If I were the parents of Kurt and Kyle I would be questioning what I did so terribly wrong raising my boys! Both of these guys have some big time problems. I'm sure Kurt treated his soon to be x-wife the same way he treated Dr. Jerry Punch here or probably even worse--and she won't even get her share of what they own--Kurt made sure of that. Of all the people in the garage area Dr. Jerry Punch is one of the most respected--he has been around for a very long time--saved lives at the track and is very respected by everyone--except Kurt it seems! Both the Bush boys need a good psychological evaluation and then perhaps to be comitted!
Dr. Punch has been around for a long time indeed, but you can't verify with any degree of certainty that other drivers haven't popped off on him over the years in the heat of the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Emotions are fine! Come on---you do see the difference here right?
This is a family sport! Sure swearing may be an emotion--the emotion of an uneducated ignorant person maybe that can't figure out any other way to react! Let them jump up and down and pound their fists but I sure don't want to hear his foul mouth nor do I want my children to hear it! I know it happens and I can understand that and even deal with it at times--but this is the norm for Kurt and it gets old fast!
The interview never aired; as I recall Dr. Punch finally walked away and if it had not been for a cell phone camera the public eye would have never known the incident ever occured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing