Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 PM

279 posts, read 855,450 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=7q1PYYlUArU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 05:18 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,969,661 times
That goes back to when Bowyer tok out Gordon and Johnson on a restart. then Bowyer bumped gordao toaday and it was on.Looks like Bowyer crew are lookig at fines from goigto gordons trailer. Bowyer lucily was far from it. That two Bowyer crew who had the guy at the toolbox loed like theymight be in trouble. not hard to spot them with their helemts i video.

Old 11-11-2012, 06:36 PM

3,870 posts, read 4,088,837 times
That was a crazy race! Was hoping Shrubby could pull it out, but just didn't have it there at the end with old tires. Quite the points shake up as well...........on to Homestead.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:31 PM

8,611 posts, read 14,929,864 times
I think the brunt of the punishment from the fight should go to the guys from Bowyer's crew who tried to jump Gordon from behind in the garage area.

The fight wasn't the only mayhem. NASCAR didn't throw the caution when Danica wrecked and dumped oil all over during the GWC finish and 4 or 5 cars crashed on the frontstretch coming to the checkers.

Old 11-12-2012, 02:15 AM

1,909 posts, read 2,542,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluescreen73 View Post
I think the brunt of the punishment from the fight should go to the guys from Bowyer's crew who tried to jump Gordon from behind in the garage area.

The fight wasn't the only mayhem. NASCAR didn't throw the caution when Danica wrecked and dumped oil all over during the GWC finish and 4 or 5 cars crashed on the frontstretch coming to the checkers.
I've been a NASCAR fan since 1986 and have never seen a fight quite like today's!

I totally agree that the brunt of the punishment should be on Bowyer's crew for jumping Jeff. They will get fined big time, for sure.
Gordon should be fined for his actions on the track. He took out more than the one driver he intended to hit.
Bowyer - at least to me - looked liked he was just racing. Whether he went up or Gordon came down, the result was Gordon lost. I don't think a fine is warranted for Bowyer.
Gordon has always been a sore loser and today he proved it.

I haven't read anything yet about the race - I like to wait until they get their stories straight - so hope no one was seriously hurt in the brawl.
It did spice up the race.

I also agree that NASCAR should have called a caution when Danica crashed. However, I do think a lot of drivers panicked when they saw the smoke, checked up and got run over.

I admit that I LOVED this race! I loved the drama and the crashes. It ranks #2 on my favorite Phoenix list: the first was when Rusty Wallace won the rain shortened race in 1998 (I was there on the hillside, wrapped in a blue tarp!).
I've always been a Penske fan, so I stuck with the #2 car (am glad Kurt is no longer the driver!) so I root for Brad now. He is just as exciting to watch as Rusty.
That said, this race is #2 on my list. MY guy is has the points lead going into the last race.

Old 11-12-2012, 06:05 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,058,228 times
I was in Gordon's pit box when this all started. Let me start by saying I'm a JJ #48 fan, I was with my son who is a #24 fan.
Jeff was running 5th and holding pace/lap times as the leader (18) slowed and lost the lead. The crew/bosses were looking at at least a 5th but seemed hopeful Jeff would be able to move up and a win was altogether possible.
Bowyer went below Jeff where he shouldn't have and pushed him basically into the wall. It was very,very obvious the crew were pissed that Clint did that as he killed any chance of a top ten finish. I guess Jeff had enough of Clint and the games so he planted Bowyer.
Jeff knew his day was done as did the crew and went to the garage. Next thing we (at the pit box) heard was a crew member yell "there's a fight at the trailer" and everyone took off running.
Made it to the garage, almost run over by the media crews, fire people etc headed the same way and the garage gates were slammed shut behind us so nobody else could get in or out.
What a mess, cops,nascar officials and the teams in what looked like a big "group hug" with the public and a couple other teams standing there basically saying "that's racing".
Jeff was in his hauler, his car was sort of in front of it and Bowyer's team were trying to get in, to the point that deputies and what seemed to be team security people had to stand outside his hauler door.
What a mess, teams shoving each other, press shoving to get in the middle of it all and nascar/deputies trying to separate all of them.
After a bit everyone but people who had "hard cards" or a press pass were made to leave the garage for the rest of the event.

With all that said, had Bowyers people not jumped Jeff (from behind I might add) and had Bowyer himself not run into the garage further stirring up a bad situation there probably would not have been a small riot. Had Bowyer and Jeff faced off and settled it like the old days instead of a crew jumping a driver I think NASCAR would've just written it off.
I do know there was some blood drawn, just not sure who's yet.
I also think the finish of the race with all the crashes and lack of caution flags was probably caused by what was going on in the garage and it's distraction of NASCAR personnel.

Last edited by jimj; 11-12-2012 at 06:14 AM..

Old 11-12-2012, 07:04 AM

9,555 posts, read 9,867,608 times
My feeling is that the members of Bowyer's crew that attacked Jeff should be suspended for a year. Had this happened outside the track, those men would be sitting in the county jail right now.

Bowyer should be suspended for his half-harted attempt at "manly-hood" running like he was Captain America towards Jeff's hauler and trying to re-ignite the fight.

I understand what Jeff did because you can only take so much. Some people are saying that what Jeff did is below a four time Champion. Boywer's boneheaded move in Martinsville changed Jeff's momenteum for the rest of the year.

Nascar has been very booring this year. Too bad the fighting is better the racing. (There have been some good races in the final laps of some races). Jeff will be fined and put on probation.

Too bad about Joey, but he whined on twitter that "he lost respect" for Gordo. Give me a break, that kid couldn't even hold Gordo's jock strap!

Last edited by USNRET04; 11-12-2012 at 07:28 AM..

Old 11-12-2012, 08:36 AM

862 posts, read 1,645,019 times
Gordon should be fined HEAVILY. He was BLACK FLAGGED and ignored NASCAR and took out a championship contender ON PURPOSE. And WAIT!!!!! Who else is also racing for the championship? Gordon's teammate AND EMPLOYEE! Gordon might not be able to win the championship this year, but he stands to gain alot if the 48 wins.

Totally agree about Boyer's crew jumping Gordon. No call for that. I'd hate to be the one who does Gordon's laundry after the race tho. lol

Old 11-12-2012, 11:10 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,058,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post
Gordon should be fined HEAVILY. He was BLACK FLAGGED and ignored NASCAR and took out a championship contender ON PURPOSE. And WAIT!!!!! Who else is also racing for the championship? Gordon's teammate AND EMPLOYEE! Gordon might not be able to win the championship this year, but he stands to gain alot if the 48 wins.

Totally agree about Boyer's crew jumping Gordon. No call for that. I'd hate to be the one who does Gordon's laundry after the race tho. lol
Well, after the thumping a couple of Jeff's pit crew gave out I'd think it'd be others with the stinky pants.
Just sayin'

Old 11-12-2012, 12:07 PM

9,555 posts, read 9,867,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serate View Post

While Jeff does own half on the 48 team, I seriously doubt he would help Jimmy get his 6th championship (two more than Gordon) in that manner.

But hey, some people like the new Nascar. Sterile, boring racing. Nascar has had the lowest attendance records in years. So let's fine and park Gordon, hell, I say we keep him off the track all of next year too. Don't want ANY aggressive driving in Nascar. I guess "boys have at it" means something different to everyone.

#Nascar #Fail
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing