Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 11:54 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,335,974 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
They all have there good points and bad points. Toyota like all foreign trucks the parts are expensive and I have not seen any better quality out of them compared to the domestics since about 2006.
plus toyota had the frame rust/rot issues on early 00's tacomas where they were just buying back the truck because the frame was compromised and too weak to fix.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2010, 01:28 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,572,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
plus toyota had the frame rust/rot issues on early 00's tacomas where they were just buying back the truck because the frame was compromised and too weak to fix.
That was from 96 to 2000. Thats why I stated to buy from 2001 to 2004 models. plus those that were bought back were given one hell of a deal for their trouble.

Old 12-28-2010, 02:39 PM

68 posts, read 317,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usafracer View Post
They all have there good points and bad points. Toyota like all foreign trucks the parts are expensive and I have not seen any better quality out of them compared to the domestics since about 2006.

Yeah; I've read that 2006-2007 is where the domestic automakers started getting their ish together a bit more.

I've discovered something strange, though.

Just for giggles, I went to Toyota's website and used their build a car feature. I built a brand new Tacoma with an Access cab and 4wD for about $26,000. Which is a little cheaper than I expected, but still way out of my price range.

But if I do a search for used Tacomas with access cabs and 4wd, most of them are $30,000 and over. I don't get it; maybe there's some options that I'm missing.

I'm still looking. I like the look of Tacomas, and I like the fact that they fit between big full sizes and small compacts. They seem perfect for what I want; but they're just so danged expensive, even used. Which I suppose is good for their resale value, but not so great for me.

So I'm thinking I'll probably end up with a Ranger, though I'm gonna spend a few more weeks looking in case a good deal comes up.

Old 12-28-2010, 06:49 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,572,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf14016 View Post
Just for giggles, I went to Toyota's website and used their build a car feature. I built a brand new Tacoma with an Access cab and 4wD for about $26,000. Which is a little cheaper than I expected, but still way out of my price range.

But if I do a search for used Tacomas with access cabs and 4wd, most of them are $30,000 and over. I don't get it; maybe there's some options that I'm missing.

Thats because most of the 4wd ones come with the TRD package which can add about 3K to the price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive