Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2011, 02:12 PM

298 posts, read 948,298 times

Advertisements

After I put the window up and down it will blow the fuse
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 09:55 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,137,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brrrinmass View Post
After I put the window up and down it will blow the fuse
The question is IS YOU FINGER PUSHING THE BUTTON WHEN IT BLOWS THE FUSE.? You said AFTER you put it up and down....After to me would mean you have finished pushing the button...lol

Old 01-23-2011, 10:46 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,297,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
Yes, that is what I said!
No, it isn't what you said. A short and a bad ground are not the same thing and one doesn't cause the other.

Old 01-24-2011, 11:12 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,137,662 times
A broken circuit will not blow the fuse. A short circuit WILL blow the fuse. a broken or bad ground wire WILL NOT blow a fuse..hope this helps

Old 01-25-2011, 07:55 AM

110 posts, read 363,745 times
take off both door panels and unplug all wires in the door, if fuse still blows, the issue is in the other door, plug everything back in and do same on other door, if fuse still blows, issue is in dash to door jamb area most likely, if does not blow, plug things in one at a time and wait to see if fuse blows, when fuse blows, you know you have plugged in the culprit!!!
This can take a few days, but it is the best way to do it at home, mechanic will find sooner, but you will pay!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2011, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzazz View Post
take off both door panels and unplug all wires in the door, if fuse still blows, the issue is in the other door, plug everything back in and do same on other door, if fuse still blows, issue is in dash to door jamb area most likely, if does not blow, plug things in one at a time and wait to see if fuse blows, when fuse blows, you know you have plugged in the culprit!!!
This can take a few days, but it is the best way to do it at home, mechanic will find sooner, but you will pay!!!!!!

Thanks Why? I will try it if the weather ever cooperates around here. I think we had a high??? of 10 degrees yesterday. It has been below zero at night for a few nights now. I do not have the comfort of a nice cozy garage to work in so it will have to wait until it warms up to a balmy 20 degrees or so. There are 4 doors so I guess I have to test each one, right? You guys are the best. Thanks for all the advice.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
The question is IS YOU FINGER PUSHING THE BUTTON WHEN IT BLOWS THE FUSE.? You said AFTER you put it up and down....After to me would mean you have finished pushing the button...lol

Yes native it does blow at some point after the window has been closed again. It hasn't blown while raising or lowering the window. I guess I am not really sure when it blows. It lets me raise and lower the window a couple of times and then I leave it alone. When I come back......blown again....... the mystery continues..........

Old 01-26-2011, 11:31 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,869,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyzazz View Post
^^Holy crap

These work pretty well Great deal on Tool Aid 25100 at ToolTopia.com

Old 01-26-2011, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
^^Holy crap

These work pretty well Great deal on Tool Aid 25100 at ToolTopia.com

Thanks Gimme....

Old 01-26-2011, 02:34 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,869,933 times
You're welcome. Go to youtube and type in "locating a short circuit". Lots to learn there.

This is a good one in 2 parts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrA6HtLyNmw
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive