Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 PM

21,898 posts, read 25,225,309 times

Advertisements

I'd get out, look at the damage he did to my car and do 10x to his with my boot. If you're feeling confrontational, do it while he's there. If not wait until he leaves and leave him a nice note just to make sure he knows you did it. Passive aggressive, yes I am.

I don't really give a crap. Less than a year after I got the car some lady in a giant pickup backed into it. She was pretty hysterical but I managed to understand the her husband would go ballistic if she got in another accident and did body work. Well, turns out he sucks at body work so instead of the hatch having a hugantic dent the size of my head it's just got several small ones and some cracking on the paint on the bumper. Whatever. The first of many and the big ass honker of a door ding on the rear passenger's side is the only one that really bothers me.

My favorite is still a neighbor I had in an apartment. There was this one Camaro that parked in everybody's damn parking spot like he owned the place. Well, the idiot parked in front of my neighbor's garage so he couldn't get out. He called up a friend with a truck, hooked a tow chain to the Camaro and dragged it 50 feet across the parking lot and left it in the fire lane. Great show. All I did was let the air out of a tire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2012, 02:00 AM

4,287 posts, read 8,039,815 times
Why are people so stupid? Why?

On another note, this thread has made me want to get pepper spray on my upcoming trip West. Any laws pertaining to pepper spray out there? Or is it a free-for-all?

Old 01-06-2012, 02:04 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I’m sitting in my car in a car park, my two year old Daughter is asleep in the back seat, some twit pulls in beside my car and opens the his back passenger car door against my car, then proceeds to drag things out of his car while scratching mine. I don’t like confrontation, besides, I don’t want to get stabbed.

What would you do?
Um, I would get out, point out the damage, and demand their insurance information.

Stabbed? How sad is it that we can't even ask people to be responsible for what they do without worrying about being stabbed...?

Btw, my truck is 10 years old and I would still care if someone dented it all up because of being inconsiderate.

Old 01-06-2012, 06:23 AM

19,156 posts, read 25,390,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I park far away when I can. But whenever I'm in England, it's impossible. They don't have oversized lots over there.

Tradtionally, that was true, but things are apparently beginning to change in the UK.

Sure, if you are in central London, or even in a smaller burg like Oxford, you will have a hard time finding a car park of more than very modest dimensions. However, if you visit one of the growing number of Costco locations, or if you go to one of the newer, larger, suburban Tesco stores, you would find car park areas that are actually quite large.

Never say never!

Old 01-06-2012, 09:10 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,659,392 times
I am 6' 5" 330ish. So I am intemidating.

If it was my G6, I'd ask for money or a report, since the car's body is in great shape. Not even swirls in the clearcoat, from using crappy rags, or autocar washes.

My Camaro(beater). I'd call them an ******* and get really confrontational, and likely use my door to put a good sized dent in their car if they become a dick back to me. I really hate people that have a lack of care for other peoples property. I try to make an example of them. "It is just a scratch, nothing to worry about" Maybe for your car, but its going to **** me off everytime I wash my car for however many more years I have it.

Don't underestimate a person in a beater. Greatest story I heard from a friend of mine when we were at UCF.

Parking sucked, they had several garages but you followed people to get a spot. Either way my friend was in a lot, saw a guy waiting in an early rough 90s silverado, for someone to pull out and leave. How the guy pulled out, he blocked him, and some girl in a near new Maxima, zipped in and stole the parking spot.

The guy in the truck just pulled forwared, tagged her bumper/trunk, probalby caused $1-3k in damage, then sped off.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:12 AM

61,286 posts, read 87,510,121 times
mine got crashed 3 times on the street. enough i sold it. after he leaves get his license and file a claim call the cops.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:17 AM

13,659 posts, read 10,055,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanhawk View Post
I am interested in what goes through the mind of people like that. I can't say I have never accidentally hit another car when my door swung open more forcibly than I intended, but to slam a door and drag personal items across someone's car is beyond me.
Yes, it was one thing to whack the car, but it was the continuing, and in a manner that would lead you to think that he felt untouchable, especially when he knew I was there, that sets alarm bells ringing. There has to be something wrong with such a person.

Old 01-06-2012, 12:52 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,749,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I suppose I should say, remember I have a toddler; I wouldn’t want to risk her safety for anything.
You answered your own question.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:35 PM

78,568 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
My favorite is still a neighbor I had in an apartment. There was this one Camaro that parked in everybody's damn parking spot like he owned the place. Well, the idiot parked in front of my neighbor's garage so he couldn't get out. He called up a friend with a truck, hooked a tow chain to the Camaro and dragged it 50 feet across the parking lot and left it in the fire lane. Great show. All I did was let the air out of a tire.
In college, a girl parked in the mouth of our apartments parking garage entrance. It's only 1 car width wide.

We called a tow truck, she still hadn't come out so basically she blocked the entrance for at least 2 hours....not just a quick run-in.

He had to drag her out of the entrance left two big black streaks...once in the street he circled around and hooked her up from the front and then towed her off. No telling what that did to her transmission etc.

Old 01-06-2012, 02:39 PM

78,568 posts, read 60,772,556 times
Posted this before but had a guy park very close to my 2007 Z06 which I'd intentionally parked 10 spots away from anybody in a home depot parking lot....way out.

Yep, there was a mark on my door too...but it rubbed out with my finger or I'd have called the cops on the spot. I left him a generous coating of snot and spit on his door handles and windows and drove off. Thank god for a good old sinus infection!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive