Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 03:39 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,834,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
Another thing that's slightly annoying is when somebody in a big vehicle insists on parking next to me blocking my view of my car (I have a sad tendency of forgetting where I park). Every time.
Ever since I got my long bed truck I go out on Sundays looking for forgetful people in small cars. I tail them till we get to a parking lot, then I wait for the adjacent park to become available. Now here comes the fun part, I PARK RIGHT NEXT TO THEM! My wife gets sick of waiting (sometime hours) but I INSIST!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 10:54 AM

5,479 posts, read 12,266,813 times
I think you need to find some hobbies. Be careful, cause if Momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! And she will tire of your aimless pursuit

Old 05-12-2012, 10:59 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
This is a great thread!

I tell the SO all the time, "Gee, can your find a smaller parking spot? I can't get out of the car!" I think she is learning. I always park way out at the end of the lot, and then I hear "Look how far we have to walk".
I guess I can never win.

Old 05-13-2012, 05:09 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
I saw the opposite of this situation the other day. Lady parks a brand new Chrysler Town & Country next to a POS. She didn't even get the van into the space, it was angled halfway into the POS's space so the passenger side was about 12" next to the drivers door. I saw this lady shaped like a giant weeble trying to open her door to get in her car just bashing the crap out of that new van. She really had no choice, she was way too fat to slide in from the passenger side.

But I'm sure the van driver will be whining about how careless people are when she sees the huge dent in her door.

Old 05-13-2012, 08:00 AM

3,244 posts, read 7,449,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullmyfinger View Post
i saw the opposite of this situation the other day. Lady parks a brand new chrysler town & country next to a pos.

that is redundant. Ct&c = pos

she didn't even get the van into the space, it was angled halfway into the pos's space so the passenger side was about 12" next to the drivers door. I saw this lady shaped like a giant weeble trying to open her door to get in her car just bashing the crap out of that new van. She really had no choice, she was way too fat to slide in from the passenger side.

we need to start another thread about morbid obesity in the us. But, "weebles wobble but they don't fall down". :d

but i'm sure the van driver will be whining about how careless people are when she sees the huge dent in her door.

it is sort of an iq test; you know, like darwinism.
jmho

Old 05-13-2012, 08:06 AM

426 posts, read 558,982 times
Well i messed up the other day, as i was getting out of my truck my door swung open hitting this little car's passenger door...oops. I could see the female driver sitting in her car so i check both doors out and everything is kewl so i start to walk into the store. I hear a car door closing (slamming actually) and she aint smiling as she walks over to my car door- so i go back and apologized, i told her i checked everything out before i walked away and that she could put her "key" away....

Old 05-14-2012, 07:19 AM

136 posts, read 141,911 times
I always park in the back 40 of parking lots. People who cruise the lots of a grocery store looking for a spot 20 feet closer to the building really disgust me. I have friends who will not park until we get a front row spot. Me, I just park towards the back, 10 spaces or so from the nearest car, everywhere I go.

But I am also somewhat of a misanthrope and hate being close to other people.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:24 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,213,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Don't worry, I won't ever damage your little man-toy. I park near a nice car when I can, give them plenty of room and just live with they results.

Sorry if I read too much into the OP, I thought you were threatening bodily harm over it-maybe I didn't read it right.

Don't you think the whole thing is kind of funny though? The guy with the POS parks so close you can't get in your car, but doesn't put a bit of damage on it. You shoulda just laughed it off and move on.

Personally, I think you blew it.
You must drive a Honda beater.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:43 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,830,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Ever since I got my long bed truck I go out on Sundays looking for forgetful people in small cars. I tail them till we get to a parking lot, then I wait for the adjacent park to become available. Now here comes the fun part, I PARK RIGHT NEXT TO THEM! My wife gets sick of waiting (sometime hours) but I INSIST!
How surprising that your name is Colorado. It was you, wasn't it? It's been you this whole time, huh?

Old 05-15-2012, 03:52 PM

3,855 posts, read 13,268,829 times
I get it.

And I've heard people talk before about doing exactly what that guy did. Scope out a nice car that was purposefully parked on the fringe of the lot for safety sake.....and then go park as close to them as possible.

This is envy at it's finest (whether or not some of you want to admit it).

This is also something Dennis Leary could have written into his song, 'A55h0le'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive