Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 11:00 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,694,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Kia optima? Saying tht gives credit to the optima, I mean it looks like Lexus sedans, which have been out since 2006.. Such as Lexus IS350/250, Lexus ES350 etc
Ehh I see more of an Optima resemblance. Hyundai has copied some of Toyota's design cues but I think this time around, Toyota took quite a bit from the Optima and integrated it. I think the new Avalon looks more downmarket than the current one. I think Toyota copied Kia on this one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2012, 11:21 AM

7,284 posts, read 16,678,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
Very good post. Yes, the Avalon has a very Buick ride to it. I am not sure what Toyota was thinking, but the fake wood may be the worst fake wood I have ever seen. Your remark on the Lexus tires is quite possible too, but there was such a difference it chased us to the Avalon.

I love the Charger, but the wife does not want a sporty car and we have seen the new Avalon, and she wants to get this one "before the new ugly one comes out". Again, a little too sporty looking for her. We drove a 2011 Limited, and it was only 1100 more than a 2012 base, which seems a pretty good deal. The car had everything but navigation. Seem like a deal to you all?
That's a good deal. The Limited trim level is very nice. I could also do without the implausible "wood" trim. That aside it has many other good qualities. Excellent highway cruiser, quiet, comfortable, big, holds value well, good daily driver, very good build quality. I had a last generation Avalon and it was a stellar car as an all-around driver, especially if that driving involved a lot of highway miles. The current gen models I have driven were similar, but bigger and even nicer.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:32 PM

1,320 posts, read 3,701,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 43north87west View Post
That's a good deal. The Limited trim level is very nice. I could also do without the implausible "wood" trim. That aside it has many other good qualities. Excellent highway cruiser, quiet, comfortable, big, holds value well, good daily driver, very good build quality. I had a last generation Avalon and it was a stellar car as an all-around driver, especially if that driving involved a lot of highway miles. The current gen models I have driven were similar, but bigger and even nicer.

And a highway cruiser is exactly what we are looking for. The wife will drive it everyday, but we prefer road travel over airline travel, so this car seems like a natural. I think maybe I should stop bashing the fake wood. A pretty minor fault.

Old 05-19-2012, 02:02 PM

Thanks everyone. We bought a new 2011 Avalon Limited today. Wife is happy so I am too!

Old 05-19-2012, 08:44 PM

10,914 posts, read 31,390,804 times
Congratulations on the new car! I am sure that you will both enjoy it very much.

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-20-2012, 03:57 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,231,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdcdguy View Post
Thanks everyone. We bought a new 2011 Avalon Limited today. Wife is happy so I am too!
Nice car!

What's very nice about it is that it has awesome power, literally you'll surprise everyone in the streets.. You can easily beat Cameros

2GR-FE is amazing

Old 05-20-2012, 08:56 AM

We are both impressed with the acceleration on this car. It is not slow by any means. My dad used to buy "old man" cars in the 1970's. Our Delta 88 with the 455 Rocket was one of the faster cars on the road!

Old 05-20-2012, 10:13 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,565,811 times
Congratulations; a superb choice that I'm sure you'll enjoy for years to come.

The fact that you very intelligently chose to buy a previously-owned model shows your wisdom in not taking a depreciation hit by buying a brand new one, although the resale value for Japanese cars remains substantially higher than most products of the Detroit 3, which dump a staggering percentage of new cars onto rental car lots, which annihilates their resale value.

Nicely done!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:47 PM

929 posts, read 2,722,588 times
Great choice for sure. I have made myself a promise to Buy American when I can.
But that is another debate of "What is American?"
Enjoy that new car !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive