Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 03:37 PM

8,239 posts, read 10,748,005 times

Advertisements

For me it is a toss up between the Fosgate system in my old '07 Eclipse and the Boston Acoustic system in my '06 300C.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2012, 04:58 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,823,349 times
Believe it or not the premium system in my '02 F-250 Super Duty. It was good to start with, having the AM/FM CD and cassette double deck. The CD payer took a poop about '08. I wore it out. I replaced it with a Alpine CD player from Best Buy. The kid next to me was laughing at the $200 sum dollar deck I picked out from the rack. I got a noise ordiance violation listening to ZZ Top Just Got Paid Live In Texas with it...summer 2010. It's loud as hell for a stock system. The officer who pulled me over didn't believe it was all stock. He said..."aren't you a bit old to be playing your radio so loud"?

I said..."what the hell...you think I'm an old man or somethin' "! LOL

NEVER!!!

ZZ Top - Just Got Paid (Live from Texas) - YouTube

Old 10-04-2012, 05:06 PM

BTW...to get a ticket...it had to be above 50 db within 50' from your vehicle. It sure was!

I never went down through that city again blasting it with the windows down. Thank God I don't live there...I'd die...seriously! LOL LOL I want my loudass music! LOL

Old 10-04-2012, 05:11 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,158,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
BTW...to get a ticket...it had to be above 50 db within 50' from your vehicle. It sure was!

I never went down through that city again blasting it with the windows down. Thank God I don't live there...I'd die...seriously! LOL LOL I want my loudass music! LOL
LOL, if you blast it with the windows up you won't get a ticket. Best of both worlds and you enjoy the music even more due to lack of wind noise.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:18 PM

1,455 posts, read 2,503,620 times
Default Mercedes R-Class

I have a Mercedes R500 with the 440-watt Harman Kardon Logic7 system. This is the best stock stereo I have every heard. The sub in the the trunk around the spare tire. It goes loud if your want to and the bass is great.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
LOL, if you blast it with the windows up you won't get a ticket. Best of both worlds and you enjoy the music even more due to lack of wind noise.
I can blast it all I want here. I live out in the country and rural. I was on my way over to buy a West German Police trade-in HK P7 PSP 9mm in Grade 1 with the box and manual for $600 bucks at a mega gun shop about 30 miles away. I was excited and was blasting music on the way. Lucky I didn't get caught for speeding too. I got busted before I got there. LMAO

That damn HK cost me $850 by the time I was done.

Oh well... I won't go down that street again on my way. I take the rural route.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:15 PM

21,928 posts, read 25,275,029 times
S2000... Or, best not worst =D

Probably the Accord. It wasn't really anything great... it's more most of my other cars have a had horrible sound systems. S2000, 1g Eclipse, 91 Passat... all were all kinds of bad. The Mazda3 doesn't have a bad sound system, but it's nothing to write about either.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:49 PM

11,156 posts, read 29,378,120 times
05 Cobalt SS SS/SC with the SS/SC Pioneer sound system before a large I kn ow i wet to far shot of Nitrous and a Smaller SC pulley making some high boost that burned through a piston and that made some noise just not music to the ears nosie.

It was hit the the kill switich and get out of the car because their might be a fire dance and I decided that a cheap Reman and a for sale sign was a good idea.

Since alot of abuse was adding up and 3 seasons of heavy abuse at the track had taken their toll but the stereo worked great the Kiod that bought stil.ll drives it and the stereo still works but I took out all the goodies and put talot of the astock parts back and sold them to a firend with a 03 Mach 1 which his stock Shaker 460 stereo and was ok at low levels but anything past half and distotion and degradation in sound quailty showed up.

Anyways it came with a 7 speakers by Pioneer and an amplifier:

1" Tweeters: The location of these tweeters is on the a-pillar "shark fin". This location was chosen due to its perfect alignment with the driver's ear level.

[SIZE=2]6.5" ERS, Extended Range Speakers in the front doors offer extended frequency response. This provides smoother high frequency response, adds clarity, and enhances the vocal portion of your music source.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]10" Dual Voice Coil High Excursion Subwoofer for higher output and less distortion. This subwoofer operates using a dual voice coil in a 2-Ohm load, to produce clean deep bass response for all types of music. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]The woofer also incorporates the latest speaker cone technology called Pioneer IMPP (Injection Molded Poly Propylene) to prevent the speaker cone from flexing or breaking up. This results in smoother output. In addition it has a bumped back plate for longer woofer movement. The subwoofer will not bottom out, and has higher output capabilities compared to standard subwoofers. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
[SIZE=2]Enclosure for subwoofer is located in the left rear section of the Cobalt's trunk. This 18 liter size molded enclosure was specially designed and accurately sound tuned to work with the woofer and provide extended smooth deep bass response. This allows subwoofer to play low frequencies.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]6-Channel High Power Amplifier [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]270 watt peak output power[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]2-Channels front tweeters[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]2-Channels front door speakers[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]2-Channels for 6 x 9" speakers with bridged mono channel for the 10" subwoofer[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]2-ohm stable[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]Class-AB operation[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=2]Low distortion output[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

Old 10-05-2012, 11:36 AM

5,251 posts, read 14,289,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_Guy View Post
I've owned a few cars over the years. Worst is the Bose in my '03 Z06. Best is the Pioneer in my '08 Scion tC. I also have a '08 Camry base model that has a pretty good sound system. I've also owned: '94 Camry XLE V6, sound system was decent; '03 Pontiac Grand Prix GT, sound system was also decent.

I'm not a fan of Bose systems in cars but their headphones are really nice, though.
With the Z06 the only music you should be listening to is the sound coming out of the Exhaust. The bose system in my Trailblazer is the best out of the cars that I have owned.

Old 10-05-2012, 02:52 PM
JFJ

84 posts, read 200,583 times
I have had a few higher end domestic and foreign cars, the Harman/Kardon 9 speaker system in my Saab Aero 9-5 Wagon is one of the best stock systems that I've heard. I had the Bose in Vette also, that system sucked, but I preferred listening to the custom exhaust anyway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive