Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2012, 09:53 AM
C8N

1,119 posts, read 3,228,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
back home our daughter/son in law have a 500+hp s2k, and the locals know what the car has and does. Even so, they'll be out cruising, and some dumasses in their fart can civics will roll up trying to run them. That be like me, all of 5'8 180#s, walking up to Mike Tyson in his prime, knowing he'll kick my arse bad, and still poking him in the chest!
Having a fast car is one thing but being able to drive it... is another... not that I am making any implications or assumptions on your daughter/son in law.

During my earlier days, I had a 4.6 Mustang GT 5 spd and got burnt by a stock Civic because I screwed up on 3rd gear. I am a better driver now (hopefully) but then again, I drive an automatic now. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,826,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarkar View Post
Just something I've noticed over time..

Aggressive drivers tend to drive pickups, SUVs, and muscle cars. Almost every time I get high beamed by someone for going the speed limit (not even in the left lane), it's always one of these. Nowadays, I automatically brush off any of that sort of thing from SUV/Pikcup drivers.

I've rarely seen aggressive behavior from Prius drivers of that sort.. Or any of the smaller cars (i.e. Civics, Focuses, etc.) Usually I have to be driving pretty badly in order to elicit any reaction from these.

Luxury car drivers (i.e. Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc.) tend to also be fairly aggressive (at least with tailgating, cutting, etc.) minus the rude behavior of high-beaming, gestures, etc.
You should see me playing road warrior in my bright blue Nissan Versa.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:07 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,027,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
Having a fast car is one thing but being able to drive it... is another... not that I am making any implications or assumptions on your daughter/son in law.

During my earlier days, I had a 4.6 Mustang GT 5 spd and got burnt by a stock Civic because I screwed up on 3rd gear. I am a better driver now (hopefully) but then again, I drive an automatic now. lol
understood, and i think near all of us would admit (even if just in private) to missing the occasional gear at the worst time. But i would never hope that the other driver would mess up, that being my only chance to win. But my days of trying to prove anything are long gone lol

Actually to add to this, i've seen video of their friend's highly modded civic run consistant 9.7's in the 150's for mph.... but all it takes is one slip, one gear jammed, or something to go "boom" and the race is over. But that's not something that one should count on happening.

Old 11-15-2012, 10:14 AM
C8N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger17 View Post
understood, and i think near all of us would admit (even if just in private) to missing the occasional gear at the worst time. But i would never hope that the other driver would mess up, that being my only chance to win. But my days of trying to prove anything are long gone lol

Actually to add to this, i've seen video of their friend's highly modded civic run consistant 9.7's in the 150's for mph.... but all it takes is one slip, one gear jammed, or something to go "boom" and the race is over. But that's not something that one should count on happening.
I'm with you. For pete's sake I drive a minivan now. lol

Who knows.... I might go head to head with a 80's hyundai (if they still exists) lol

Old 11-15-2012, 10:18 AM

10,090 posts, read 42,433,741 times
Some of the most aggressive drivers on the road? The man in the mini van...we call it "frustrated mini van syndrome". He has to prove he can ( or try) to beat anyone out at the light and (try) to drive his van like a Ferrari. Making himself look nothing but foolish.

PS...Note I said "some" mini van drivers!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:21 AM
C8N

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelbyGirl1 View Post
Some of the most aggressive drivers on the road? The man in the mini van...we call it "frustrated mini van syndrome". He has to prove he can ( or try) to beat anyone out at the light and (try) to drive his van like a Ferrari. Making himself look nothing but foolish.

PS...Note I said "some" mini van drivers!
I'm not sure... perhaps his/her toddler said, "mommy/daddy... time for pee pee" and the minivan had cloth interior?

Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,433,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C8N View Post
I'm not sure... perhaps his/her toddler said, "mommy/daddy... time for pee pee" and the minivan had cloth interior?
Ummm....no!

Old 11-15-2012, 04:13 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,237,950 times
If I have two very different vehicles, and drive them both, am I schizophrenic? MPD?

Old 11-15-2012, 05:09 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hensleya1 View Post
Hi ranger17--

If you did that to Mike Tyson, he'd bite your ear off.

That said, I've ranted about rice burners from time to time in my blog. Sometimes I'm debating whether I want to buy a car that looks fast and is fast (a Z06 Corvette), or a sleeper (a Geo with a Buick GNX engine dropped into it).

Because if I buy a fast car, I'll get goaded into smoking out rice burners... if I buy a sleeper, I'll be doing the goading.... and smoking them anyway.
That's true enough I helped build a old VW bug with a mid engine (351 Ford Cleveland engine / Pantera transaxel )

The VW was painted flat green and not very well LOL. We didn't have any 12 cly BMW's to take on, but we roasted a lot of vetts and stangs back then...

Old 11-15-2012, 05:39 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,027,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
That's true enough I helped build a old VW bug with a mid engine (351 Ford Cleveland engine / Pantera transaxel )

The VW was painted flat green and not very well LOL. We didn't have any 12 cly BMW's to take on, but we roasted a lot of vetts and stangs back then...
sounds like my buddy's pinto wagon with a 351 (in mid 80's). People knew it had a v8, but damn if we still didnt take most challengers and show them tail lights lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive