Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 12:57 AM

23,222 posts, read 29,051,044 times

Advertisements

There's some new full-size Chrysler that has those wall-to-wall back headlights, 2 rows of them, which I find rather blinding. IMO, that's overkill with back tail lights!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2012, 07:07 AM

121 posts, read 217,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post
Never heard/read a topic this dumb ...
What is "dumb" about it exactly? I am being blinded by these angled back windows daily.

Those glasses (mine are prescription) cost $400. I don't have that kind of money!

You know what is REALLY dumb? to make cars that could reach $140 and only be able to barely drive them at 70!

Automakers are dumb for making vehicles that blind others. That's dumb! You'd think they'd check for that before releasing those vehicles in traffic. You don't have a right to blind me with your vehicle.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:27 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,716,649 times
I have never been blinded by someones back window. Or any window. In any vehicle I've driven, car or SUV. In glasses or contacts. The only time I've had an issue with lights is when a headlight shines into one of my blind spot mirrors. Then I just angle the mirror down a little more until they either pass or change lanes. It's not all that hard.

I'm pretty sure any auto manufacturer would laugh at you if you complained about their cars window reflections blinding you.

Old 12-06-2012, 07:37 AM

121 posts, read 217,274 times
Good for you, I am talking about the back windshield sun reflection. My mirrors is not what is bothering me. But there are several sedans, and coupe's with the back windshields so slanted that it doesn't matter what time it is, the run is reflected into it, and that is bothering me greatly. It is a hazard, and just because it doesn't bother you, that is hardly the rule for everyone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
I have never been blinded by someones back window. Or any window. In any vehicle I've driven, car or SUV. In glasses or contacts. The only time I've had an issue with lights is when a headlight shines into one of my blind spot mirrors. Then I just angle the mirror down a little more until they either pass or change lanes. It's not all that hard.

I'm pretty sure any auto manufacturer would laugh at you if you complained about their cars window reflections blinding you.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:10 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,882,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Yes chrome could be pretty tough on the eyes in the bright sun but back then you didn't hear people complaining about being behind a new turquoise and white 1957 Chevy Belair 2-door harptop.

Back then the car was just a car and worth nothing like today so they had to have complained.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:23 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,131,339 times
My bad.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:47 AM

732 posts, read 2,126,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by POS VETT View Post
Never heard/read a topic this dumb ...
Agreed.

Perhaps the OP has some sort of medical condition that gives him ultra sensitive eyes. The only time I am blinded while driving is from the sun at certain angles head on and when a truck is behind me and their headlights are level with my side view mirrors.

Old 12-06-2012, 08:59 AM

5,228 posts, read 15,292,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by algia10 View Post
But there are several sedans, and coupe's with the back windshields so slanted that it doesn't matter what time it is, the run is reflected into it,
Which cars, exactly ( I want to measure their glass), and I find it hard to believe, knowing how light is reflected and what sort of angles are necessary for it to "not matter what time it is" (i.e there is no one angle that works the same at all hours of the day. Just not going to happen, and your insistence on it weakens your argument).

Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 AM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
I sympathize with you as I am photosensitive and even can get a headache if I drive a lot on sunny days. But I see no solution to the problem: glass is a reflective surface.

What I don't understand about your complaint is you say it is only certain cars that are giving you a problem. With me it is every car. Consider yourself blessed!

Old 12-06-2012, 09:58 AM

3,869 posts, read 15,171,657 times
Back off, stop tailgating.
the problem is in your head.

yea they (engineers and designers) think if ways they can get things to reflect back at you.

I guess they do they are called reflectors.

The op should stay away from rivers and body's of water as the reflections will drive them crazy.

Surprised the sun rising and setting it's aggravating to the op.
Or maybe the problem lays with your glasses and your eye sight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive