Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 02:33 PM

551 posts, read 1,121,723 times

Advertisements

Initially, I wanted a coupe. The Subaru BRZ or Nissan 350z but its no way my family could fit in that. My dad already has a Toyota RAV4 but I dont want to ride around in that, i want something cooler and different. Im a big fan of Japanese imports (tuners) and that wont change, thanks to Fast and Furious.

Now im looking for a stylish, 4 door sedan with a nice engine sound. What do you guys think?

1) Dodge Charger or challenger (I know I said sedan but this challenger is the sh#T and my dad really loves muscle cars so I think he'd enjoy it. I rather take out family in my new car so the charger is a better fit. We kinda rushed the RAV4, I told him to get a Subaru SUV but our old car got hit and he had to return the rental in time that day that we used for the week)

2) Mazda 6

3) Subaru Legacy

4) Honda Civic si

5) Mitsubishi Galant or Lancer

6) Volkswagen Jetta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2013, 02:37 PM

205 posts, read 729,641 times
I assume you're talking about the new Mazda 6 - it's the most enjoyable of all the "appliance" cars and actually has some handling characteristics. Mitsubishi and VW don't rank at the top of the reliability ratings. The Civic Si the most performance oriented of your list, likely to cost the most to insure of that grouping. Subaru IDK but they certainly have a strong following and good reliability.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom4416 View Post
I assume you're talking about the new Mazda 6 - it's the most enjoyable of all the "appliance" cars and actually has some handling characteristics. Mitsubishi and VW don't rank at the top of the reliability ratings. The Civic Si the most performance oriented of your list, likely to cost the most to insure of that grouping. Subaru IDK but they certainly have a strong following and good reliability.
Yeah the new 2014 Mazda 6 is amazing. But I dont mind the 2013-2011 either. The new civic si would be the cheapest of them all the starting pprice is 18,000 so imagine the used price. The dodge charger would be the most performance oriented IMO because its has almost 300 Hp with the 5.7 liter engine. Yeah Subaru's are great, Im a super fan of those cars... its no issues with those what so ever their AWD system is awesome.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:48 PM

1,618 posts, read 2,624,246 times
Mazda6 is one option, the Mazda CX-5 is another. It's an SUV, but definitely not your father's SUV (literally, in this case). It being a Mazda, guaranteed there will be an aftermarket for it, and you can F&F it to your heart's content. Assuming it doesn't feel sweet enough from the factory, and I'm sure you know about Mazda's reputation for building the best driving cars short of a BMW?

The Koreans are coming up lately, you might want to check out their compact SUVs and midsize cars. They all have options for 250+HP turbo engines. Hyundai is closer to Japanese styling, while Kia has a much more Euro look.

Old 05-19-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
Mazda6 is one option, the Mazda CX-5 is another. It's an SUV, but definitely not your father's SUV (literally, in this case). It being a Mazda, guaranteed there will be an aftermarket for it, and you can F&F it to your heart's content. Assuming it doesn't feel sweet enough from the factory, and I'm sure you know about Mazda's reputation for building the best driving cars short of a BMW?

The Koreans are coming up lately, you might want to check out their compact SUVs and midsize cars. They all have options for 250+HP turbo engines. Hyundai is closer to Japanese styling, while Kia has a much more Euro look.
Cool but Im looking at sedans only im not an SUV guy. I was just saying my dad has a RAV4. The CX-5 is nice BTW, my dad would like that car. I like the Hyundai Genesis sedan btw, looks like a Benz. The 2009 is more affordable and its RWD, I never knew that. Thanks for putting that car out there for me.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:06 PM

1,030 posts, read 4,276,504 times
whats your budget?

Are you concerned with fuel efficiency?

Do you want something less than 10 years old? does age matter?

So far I see that you are interested in a sedan with a nice engine sound.....

More details means better suggestions.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post
whats your budget?

Are you concerned with fuel efficiency?

Do you want something less than 10 years old? does age matter?

So far I see that you are interested in a sedan with a nice engine sound.....

More details means better suggestions.
Yes i want at least 20mpg combined.

Farthest year im going to is 2008.

my budget is $20,000.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
Mitsubishi is on it's way out of the North American Automotive market so I would avoid them due to lack of dealership networks and a Factory warranty that is pretty much void if the do leave sooner rather than later.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:52 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,905,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Mitsubishi is on it's way out of the North American Automotive market so I would avoid them due to lack of dealership networks and a Factory warranty that is pretty much void if the do leave sooner rather than later.
Good advice. Just like Isuzu is no longer here.

Old 05-19-2013, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnfrisco View Post
Good advice. Just like Isuzu is no longer here.
eww Isuzu lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive