Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 05:15 PM

24,466 posts, read 25,999,509 times

Advertisements

2 in 56 years. How many should I have deserved? Alot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 06:15 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,172,339 times
4 times... 2 tickets... 2 warnings... Warnings were for Window Tint and Red Turn Signals. Haven't had a ticket since I was 17 (33 now)

Old 06-07-2013, 06:15 PM

28,115 posts, read 63,666,290 times
Many times and never had a ticket...

I worked late doing data processing work in an Industrial Section of town... would get off when the bars closed.

Police would stop me every couple of months, ask where I was going and from where...

Also, when I had night classes at the University... got stopped a few times and the officer wanted to look in my briefcase... school books I would say and then the officer would say then it is OK to take a look... I always said sure...

Funny thing is I lived/live in Oakland and only stopped one time in my home city... driving past two Motorcycle officers and I looked to see if it was the guy I went to High School with... it wasn't... the look was enough for a traffic stop to ask why I looked at him...

When I told him he said my friend was his Field Training Officer...

Slightly off topic... my brother and I were coming home late on a Saturday night and almost got hit by a drunk on the freeway... he was up against the median barrier and all over the road... spotted a Highway Patrol and pulled over and pointed to the guy that nearly hit us...

Officer was just getting ready to write a ticket to a car of students... heard him say it was their lucky day as he sped off... one of the students asked if I was for real because she thought I was an angel/answer to her prayers... true story.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:25 PM

8,271 posts, read 8,652,996 times
1972 - Reckless Driving - ticket
1988 - Running a red light - warning
2011 - road block checking for seatbelts. I had mine on.

Old 06-08-2013, 06:19 AM

4,204 posts, read 4,689,076 times
ZERO times in last 8 years.

Old 06-09-2013, 04:28 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
Two times. Once when I was a teenager back in 1991 and I was speeding. I was given a warning and thank God because I think my Dad would have killed me, God rest his soul. Another time back about 4 years or so ago. I was on a highway that went through both Virginia and North Carolina. One of the states was one mph and the other was another. I thought I had already made it to one spot and was going faster but the blue lights told me otherwise.

The officer asked me if I knew how fast I was going and I told him I did. He asked me if I knew IW as speeding and I told him I did not. When I saw what kind of state trooper he was, I got it figured out though.

I went to court for that one and the judge threw it out...

Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 AM

808 posts, read 1,878,516 times
Zero, although I certainly deserved plenty. Closest I ever came to getting pulled over was 3 years ago driving up the 99 freeway around Bakersfield. It was very late at night and the freeway was practically empty so I was doing about 100 mph. Luckily for me there was another car doing 110 and the cop decided to pull him over instead of me. Haven't touched triple digits since then.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:53 AM

865 posts, read 2,161,409 times
Twice.

First time I was coming home from work. To get from my office to home one day I got stopped for not signaling a left turn. What was kind of fishy is the fact that it was all RIGHT turns from my office to my apartment and the intersection they said I didn't signal my left turn I made no left turn ...

Second time it was late at night and I was leaving the gym. There was an awesome lightning storm and I was watching it while driving. An office pulled me over under suspicion of DUI. I forgot to turn on my healights (had the parking lights) and was driving kind of slow. All was well when I noticed that I was NOT drunk.

I thought I was going to end up in trouble one night leaving a bar. Right outside of the bar the police had a checkpoint checking for drunk drivers. It's good they were only checking for drunk drivers. I didn't have any drinks (never do if I am going to drive) but my Jeep was missing a few marker lights and the inspection was due. But I consumed no alcohol and that's all they cared

Old 06-09-2013, 08:18 PM

528 posts, read 823,584 times
Between 1974 and 1984 about 30 times mostly speeding. From 1985 to the present maybe 3 more times.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:16 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,288,049 times
"How many times have you ever been stopped by the police"

Do you mean how many times they wanted to stop me or how many times they actually did stop me?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive